Neurology Community
pulses in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pulses in head

I have pressure in my temples and ears.  I get headaches and dizziness.  But the frightening thing I am worried about is when I get momentary painless pulses in brain, where head jerks to side slightly, and vision goes dark.  (This whole thing lasts less than a half second)  I feel something like someone hit me in the side of the head -only inside my head-and my head will jerk to the right.  When this happens my vision goes dark. It happens once or twice for a few days, and then stops for months.  (Also I have blurred vision-getting worse.)  My doctor does not listen to me when I say the pulse in my head makes my head move and vision gets dark).  Please tell me what this is?  Is it something serious?  Do I have a disease?  What tests should the doctor do?
Tags: pulses, in, head
Contact a neurologist ASAP.
Dear Mr. Levine.  I did as you said and asked my PCP to refer me to a neurologist, but he refused.  So I referred myself, this morning.  I also have leg problems-that have been getting worse.  I can not stand or walk too long!  (My leg muscles get stiff, heavy and burn inside.  They get very weak also, and I can hardly lift them, and I drag my legs.)    After about 20 minutes I have to sit down, to stop the pain.  I can not kneel down and get up at all!  And I can not stand on my toes or on one leg (The doctor asked me to do this last year, and I could not do these things, and he ignored it!).  Over the past several years my PCP ordered blood tests (MET, CBC, TSH, TB, RF and CK) and all were normal.  Then he ordered x-rays which showed multi level DDD in neck and lumbar spine.  But he said it was not causing my symptoms.   So what is?  When I mentioned the pulses in my brain when my vision goes dark he told me to see a psychologist.  I do not think he believes me!  Yesterday, I went to an interview for a file clerk (I thought it was a desk position).  The interviewer hired me, but when I was leaving she saw how hard it was for me to get out of the chair, (I stiffen up after sitting and can hardly move.)  So she asked me if I would be able to lift stacks of file folders and put them on high shelves and walk from office to office delivering mail.  I said I could not do this, and said I thought it was a desk position, and she said only the receptionist is a desk position.  So...I am still unemployed...and I have trouble getting on and off the bus.  And the doctor does nothing to help me!  PS:  I use the computer at the library, so I could not reply earlier, because it is hard for me to get here...and I am looking for a job!