Neurology Expert Forum
"Sleeping" legs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

"Sleeping" legs

I have a progressive disorder"consistent with primary progressive MS". That is as definite as I have gotten.My main complaint was pain, specifically lower back and knees.Both knees get varying degrees of stiffness and numumbness along with both feet, and tingling in my calves.I am currently taking baclofen and was taking neurontin but it was messing up my balance so I stopped. My knees became increasingly more uncomfortable like many Ace bandages wrapped around them tightly. I was told to restart the neurontin and I have been taking 300mg. every 12 hours(all I can tolerate and not fall over.)
     My knees feel a bit better but lately one leg has been falling asleep at nights. It has happened to both legs but fortunately not at the same time. I wake up feelig as though the leg is paralyzed and have to pull it off the side of the bed and massage the feeling back. I have always thought of limbs falling "asleep"as being a circolatory thing, but never really understood the physiology behind it. I am just sleeping, usually on my back to help reduce the back pain. Is this just another "pain" I have to deal with in PPMS, or could it have something to do with restarting the neurontin, or is this some other problem all together?? It really ruins a night sleep. Is there a suggestion to prevent it? I have never had the problem before.
     I also have one other question that is somewhat strange. Does MS interfere with a body perspiring? I ask that because I no longer seem to sweat even when the humidity was so high every one around me was dripping.
    Thank you so much for your input!