random muscle spasms
I KEEP HAVING RANDOM MUSCLE SPASMS IN MY LEFT EYE AND MY RIGHT HAND. MY RIGHT ARM WILL THEN GO NUMB AND HURTS TO MOVE. I ALSO KEEP HAVING SPASMS IN MY CHEST AND IT OFTEN FEELS LIKE MY CHEST IS BEING CAVED IN. WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THE PAIN AND SPASMS?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

This muscle spasm is also called as muscle fasciculation & appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times these symptoms occur without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after viral illness/or long term illness. But sometimes this muscle twitching appears as atrophy and weakness of muscle as well. Most likely cause of this twitching with weakness/atrophy of muscle can be when the nerve supplying to hand/eye muscles is not functioning properly due to any neurological disorder. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in areas, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

Take Care & Regards!!!