Neurology Community
random numbness-

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

random numbness-

For over a year i have been having numbness in my forehead, sometimes my cheek bone area and nose. I also have a small patch on my back beneath my left shoulderblade that goes numb off and on thru out the day all these episodes are random, the numbness in my facial area is once in awhile it can disapear for weeks at a time but my back has been happening for past 4 months on a daily basis since i gave birth to my daughter. I am 33 yr old female- i have had several blood test an MRI and tested for MS and my Dr has came to the point where she feels its possibly stress related and or something triggered my nerves to be sensitive and it will go away on its own ...i dont agree i have been happier in life in the past 2 years thn ever befor so that dont make sense to me does anyone relate or have any idea what else i can ask to be tested for?
Tags: numbness
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. causes of tingling and numbness can include spinal disorders like herniated disc, neurological diseases like multiple sclerosis, vascular disorders like atherosclerosis, infections like meningitis, poisoning, tumors, metabolic changes like hypokalemia , herpes zoster, post herpetic neuralgia, lyme disease associated with a tick borne circular rash, syphilitic myelopathy, anxiety and panic attacks, food allergies. etc. metabolic causes like hypo hyper kalemia, hypo hyper calcemia, uremia, hypoglycemia, B1, B6, B12 deficiencies, hypothyroidism and hypoparathyroidism etc. consult a neurologist to examine you in detail and also rule out migraines ,connective tissue and autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Certain blood and biochemistry tests would be required to ascertain the diagnosis. Take care.

I don't know if you will still read this since it's been so long. But I have the exact same thing!! I get random numbness on my whole body, one time it was on one spot of my stomach for like a month off and on, then moved to my legs. However, when I go to touch it it's not numb at all, if I pinch it , it doesnt feel numb. My mom has ms, and she said the numbness will not go away and come back. It will stay in one spot for a while, way more than seconds or minutes. I have been very happy, and im on antidepressants and i still get it!!! Don't know why, but Im sure its just anixety. :(  I just try to ignore the feelings now, and it actually did go away for a month but came back. I think we are just REALLY sensitive to stress and our nerves go haywire. ughh Hope this helps you. By the way, Im a 27 yr old female- Nichole and I had a mri last year and it was negative. Go figure.
I have also been experiencing the same thing with travelling numbness or tingling and it was about six months after the birth of my daughter that it began.  I tested low for vitamin D.  I am still searching for answers and wonder if you still feel it is stress related?