re hyperthyriodism
hi my doctor has diagnosed me with hyperthyroidism  and i am being referred to an endo in 2 weeks i am worried and was wondering what to expect i have many symptoms tired, weak, hyper, paranoia, staring eyes, does anyone know if this is normal for this condition i have been ill for 7 years before it has shown up on tests as this happened to anyone else
Oh, yes, the thyroid gland has a tendency to goof up all the time, in diff ages of people, mostly women in their 50s, altho I had a strange thyroiditis where I started out with about three month of hyper and then retreated to three more months of hypo,and then it went away, and I was in my 40s.  And it is only natural that you would be tired and weak, feeling pretty paranoid about the whole thing becauseit will makeyou very tense on account ofit makes the heart beat really fast.  The endocrinologist can do a very detailed sort of test that can pin down precisely whtat is going on with that thyroid,and he'llknow if you've got what I have, whre Itook beta blockers (very relaxing) until the hyper settled down asevidence by bloodwork,andthendidn't have to take anthing when I was in the hypo stage.  

But the good thing about this is, hyperthyroid is awhole lot better to get than hypo.  Hypo you gain weight, it's all you can do to get thru your days... wheras with hyper you can't keep the weight on and also your are tired because you are so very busy and jumpy during that time.  Also, the meds they give for hyper are much more plesant to take and easy to get the dose right.  The thyroid is a gland that can act up,much like female hormones can,and normally it's temporary and not beause of aything major wrong.  So, do go to a doc,you really need to get thisstraight, you'll be a lot more comfotrtable.