Neurology Expert Forum
recovery after craniotomy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

recovery after craniotomy
My Father had undergone craniotomy to relieve a subdural hematoma last Jan. 4, 2008. My Father is 69 years old and is taking aspirin since 1998. I can say that his recovery after surgery is quite slow. He had regained his speech only on the 3rd day after operation. 2nd ct scan was done 2 days after surgery and found that there is no re-bleeding but some air ... He is still being monitored because of sleepiness and still no vision at all.  Yesterday he was awake for a longer time....The neurosurgeon ordered a 3rd  ct scan this afternoon to rule out possible cause of his vision problem.

Is the vision problem an alarming complication of the subdural hematoma that had pressed his brain?

I don't know if I have fully given details that can make you give your opinion on my Father's case... I want to now if my Father will be ok... Please enlighten me. Thank you.

A related discussion, Face blindness was started.