rectal spasms, someone help!
This is kind of an embarrassing question, but this is really painful!! every now and then (3-4x/month) I get these spasms of the rectal sphincter that are so painful that I have to stop whatever, sit, and wait for it to pass. It feels like electricity, and lasts a few seconds to minutes, it will let off for a few minutes then come back at least for 6 times per episode. I have broken bones etc. but I have never felt pain like this before! I have no idea what could have brought this on, I have had them sporatically since I was 15 or 16, and I thought that they would go away, but they keep coming back- please help, what can I do?? What could be causing these?
I have had rectal spasms for years .althought they cant tell me what could me causing them. may me blood flow ete. here or a few things that help me a hot bath, hot sits bath .
after my 1st. child they got worse the old lady in the dr. office told me to used a hair dryer one night it was so mad i gave it a try I set the dryer on hot and waved it back and forth not to slow and it worked hope it helps

How are you?
It is quite possible that you are suffering from “proctalgia fugax”. This is a condition where there is severe anal pain due to spasms of pelvic muscles.
It often occurs in the middle of the night and has been described as anal Charlie horse.
Treatment options include warm baths, hot enemas and OTC pain killers like Tylenol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fugax
Hope this helps!