Neurology Community
recurring meningitis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

recurring meningitis

This is my 2nd round with viral meningitis in 2 months I have genital herpes & they had found herpes in the 1st lumbar puncture. This time they haven't found the herpes virus. 8 years ago I had viral meningitis so this is my 3rd time & since then I've suffered severe pain & was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I believe now since this has happened for the 3rd time, I have had meningitis many times these past 8 years but just afraid that drs just won't listen to me as they push it off on the fibromyalgia(which I don't believe I have). How effective is Acyclovir in the treatment of meningitis? What are the chances of this recurring?

This discussion is related to Recurring viral meningitis & herpes II.
I+was+diagnosed+with+HSV+2+about+7yrs.+ago+and+never+had+a+breakout+after+that.+I+have+been+tested+3+times+by+blood+since+then+and+came+up+clean+since+then+so+i+thought+the+tst+was+wrong+until+2+and+a+half+wks+ago+when+i+came+down+wth+viral+men.+My+doctor+asked+me+on+my+follow+up+if+the+hospital+told+me+why+i+had+it+and+had+they+told+me+what+they+found+in+my+brain+from+a+CT.+I+was+in+shock+when+i+was+told+i+had+herpes+in+my+brain.+I+had+been+hospitalized+for+3+days+and+now+2wks.+later+its+back.It+has+worn+me+out+and+am+in+pain+again.+I+am+so+glad+to+have+found+people+that+can+relate+as+I+am+scared+and+thought+I+was+alone.No+one+seems+to+understand+the+pain+and+fatigue+and+vision+loss,+my+throat+feels+smaller+when+i+swallow,+theres+a++headache+in+my+nose+and+sharp+pain+in+my+head.+Where+do+I+go+from+here+and+how+serious+is+this.+I'd+appreciate+any+help+and+I+too+wish+there+were+more+research+and+accurate+tests.