recurring meningitis
This is my 2nd round with viral meningitis in 2 months I have genital herpes & they had found herpes in the 1st lumbar puncture. This time they haven't found the herpes virus. 8 years ago I had viral meningitis so this is my 3rd time & since then I've suffered severe pain & was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I believe now since this has happened for the 3rd time, I have had meningitis many times these past 8 years but just afraid that drs just won't listen to me as they push it off on the fibromyalgia(which I don't believe I have). How effective is Acyclovir in the treatment of meningitis? What are the chances of this recurring?

This discussion is related to Recurring viral meningitis & herpes II.
I+was+diagnosed+with+HSV+2+about+7yrs.+ago+and+never+had+a+breakout+after+that.+I+have+been+tested+3+times+by+blood+since+then+and+came+up+clean+since+then+so+i+thought+the+tst+was+wrong+until+2+and+a+half+wks+ago+when+i+came+down+wth+viral+men.+My+doctor+asked+me+on+my+follow+up+if+the+hospital+told+me+why+i+had+it+and+had+they+told+me+what+they+found+in+my+brain+from+a+CT.+I+was+in+shock+when+i+was+told+i+had+herpes+in+my+brain.+I+had+been+hospitalized+for+3+days+and+now+2wks.+later+its+back.It+has+worn+me+out+and+am+in+pain+again.+I+am+so+glad+to+have+found+people+that+can+relate+as+I+am+scared+and+thought+I+was+alone.No+one+seems+to+understand+the+pain+and+fatigue+and+vision+loss,+my+throat+feels+smaller+when+i+swallow,+theres+a++headache+in+my+nose+and+sharp+pain+in+my+head.+Where+do+I+go+from+here+and+how+serious+is+this.+I'd+appreciate+any+help+and+I+too+wish+there+were+more+research+and+accurate+tests.