red swollen internal burning of feet and calves
For many months now I have been having swollen legs, they are red (not warm though) and they burn internally. I can no longer wear socks or regular shoes due to my feet are sweating a great amount. Also experience itching of my legs. Syptoms do not seem to be different or worse at night. The absolute worst time is when i am at work and up on my feet.I also have been told that I have raynods disease. My doctor is going to test me fo nerve damage. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. It has s/s of neuropathy but also many of diseases. I also have been experiencing swollen hands with some numbness. Please help
Hi Tiff,
Raynaud's disease is like patient on exposure to cold develop paleness of ear lobes, finger tips, nails and extremities very fast and this is a cyclical phenomenon.
On further depletion of oxygen it becomes cyanosed.
Up on return of blood supply, the area turns very red and intense giving very bright red color. Hence you can see all three colors cyclically.
The doctor is right in running a battery of investigations to see for cause of such an event.
Keep me informed.
Bye.