removal of my coccyx
since i was  born with a coccyx that doesnt curve under ir cuves out and the last three years ive had alot of pain in and out of hospital and four days ago i went into hospital for sterioid injections in the the coccyx area and an enternal examination and they have said i have got to have my coccyx removed .

im only 16 , and im a bit contious of the pain after and if there are any affects after or any dissadvantages from the opperation after the opperation ?

if you could help me it would really helpful x
Hi there. The main risk with the surgery for coccyx removal is surgeon moving out of the subperiosteal plane around the bone during dissection.  The rectum lies right In front of the coccyx and if this is violated an severe infection could result. Though unlikely a diverting colostomy would be necessary to allow the rectum to heal. Other post op risks are healing difficulties and local infection. The main risk is continued pain in the coccyx and youmight have to undergo long healing process. Take care.

thank you for ur reply , im just a bit worried thats all never had an operation befor and not sure how its going to go as i havent had the pre-op yet .