Neurology Community
right parietal lobe head pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

right parietal lobe head pain

When I started to get out of bed this morning, turning slightly, lifting up my chest, neck, & head, I felt a pain on the front right parietal lobe area, going down to right side to just above the ear. It seems to be inside my head. I never had this serious right parietal lobe head pain, but I got it together to come to work. I drank two cups of coffee and took two aspirin, which I had not been taking for about three-four weeks, as I am going to have shoulder surgery on 2/22/12. I am 64 years old. It also seemed that it was a little bit behind my eye, and the right side of my cheek seemed a little numb, but only slightly. Could this be more than a sinus headache. The headache is now not prominent, but is reproducable when I turn my neck tslightly to the left and bend my head it forward. IN this position, the headache pain can be elicited. So I don't do that! But I am concerned about a possible TIA situation. Please advise if this is nothing to worry about and it will dissipate or fade, or should I get this worked up?
Thank you ,
June
Tags: tia