Neurology Community
right side body cold, left warm in child

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

IN a child with Canavan disease,  is it common to have a clear temperature difference in one side of the body. My son's neurologists have simply ignored this, but this is a real issue for winter, as one side is significantly colder to the touch.  It is not just hands and toes but extends at least as high as his elbow, while the other side of his body seems normal or even warm to the touch.  Many of the Canavan children we know have poor circulation in hands and toes, but both hands and feet, with my son, it seems one sided. I think the right is always colder than left.
I'll have to tell my sister, my nephew was just diagnosed and the doctors in our area know very little about the prognosis.  Thank You.

http://www.**********.***