Neurology Community
right side pain in head for weeks headaches ect.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hi yes i have pain in the right side of my head for weeks. it started oout near my upper jaw and right above my right ear and temple. then the headaches started about 2 weeks after this . headaches are on the right side of head only in temple area and along the top of myhead and to the lowest point  on right side only. i never get headaches and to have it for this long is starting to make me nevous. i have been to the doctors have had blood tests and a catscan and i am having a mri of brain this weekend. the pain varies from intensity of being very strong to miminal but never goes away completely. i am now starting to have pain if i move my neck to right side only. i have also been to the dentist and he sees nothing wrong. my blood pressure has been high and i am not usually high usually low the past couple of days it has been normal. any suggestions on what could be causing this? thanks
Hi heather. you didnt mention your age but if you are over 40 you could  consider TA. Temporal Arteritis. This is inflamation (inflammation) of the arteries in the head and neck. It typically presents with a very bad pain, headache, in the temporal area of the head.Your eyes could be very sore and have blurred vision.A simple blood test, ESR rate, which can be done in your drs office will determine if you have a raised level of inflamation (inflammation) which would suggest TA. You would need a biopsy of the temporal arterey then to confirm a diagnosis of TA. Treatment is steroid therapy. This illness usually "burns " its self out after 18mths. i hope you feel better soon, Cath278
hi there, thanks for the note i will mention it to my doctor . i am only 3o so i am not sure if this could be it do to my age or not but thank you for writing!