Neurology Community
right thigh pain,burnig, numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

right thigh pain,burnig, numbness

I've benn having burning, numbness, itching, and at time severe pain in my right thigh.  The pain is like a red hot needle going into my leg disabeling me.  Upon checking reference sites, the symptoms are consistant with RSD, but of course my doctor yelled at me and said it is not RSD.  I had an MRI done to my spine, and there is evidence of a small bulge which impinges upon the anterior aspect of the thecal sac.  Could this be causing my symptoms?  If so how is that proved?  Also there are three small disc herniations in the thoracic section of my back and I have yet to receive the Cervical diagonsis report.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Kevin
Hi there, I have burning in both of my thighs, at night my left leg goes numb from the knee up, and the hot burning needle pain that you talk about, I have this also, on both inside thighs from knee to groin, its painful.  I have not had a lumbar MRI yet, but pretty sure there is something going on there.  Mine all started about 4 years ago when I fell on my tailbone in a hole in my yard.  Went to the chiro, the next day I started with this burning, its been gone for 4 years, now its back.  Hopefully my doc will order a MRI for me. I was also having migraines, cervical MRI stated bulging disk at C-3, C-4.  One doc says this isn't the cause of my neck pain and headaches, the other says it is.  Everyone is different.  Hope you find out whats going on.  I am curious, does yours get worse with stretching and sitting?  Thanks
Where is the lumbar bulging disk?
My sister has had bulging discs for the past 4 yrs after birth of her second baby,,and she just underwent back surgery to repair  two herniated discs, and a cyst on back that happened from a fall. She has suffered so much. But is gradually feeling little better. She had numbness etc , from her back . Hope you all feel better. Kit
Kevin, L-3, to sex organs, bladder, knee, prostate, large intestines  L-4, To prostate gland, muscles of the lower back, and sciatic nerve.  I'm thinking that the thigh pain could possibly be the sciatic nerve.  Mine flairs up on the left side since the epidural and delivery of my son.  They knicked this nerve in my back when they gave me the epidural.  Sometimes they say that bulging disks don't cause any symptoms, but from my understanding it the inflammation around it that causes the muscle pain/spasms.  Hope you feel better!!!!!
The lumbar bulge is at L3-L4
I had a hysterectomy nine months ago.  I had an epidural .  After the operation I complained about numness in upper left thigh.  The surgeon said that it would go in time. Nine
months later I still have the numbness but my upper thigh is also sore and I suffer burning pain especially when I walk
and take exercise.  The doctor sid to take painkillers and it will go in time.  Can anybody tell me whether they have suffered like me.  Will the numbness, soreness and burning pain ever go? Is there any treatment for this?
I would see a neuorsurgeon about your problem. I don't know if it has anything to do with what the Dr. did during your operation but I wouldn't concentrate on that. See the right Dr. ASAP
both my legs from the knees to my hips go completely numb along with a burning / tingling feeling at night while I lay down to sleep, or I wake up this way, It's scary. Also after sitting or kneeling down, or when I get out of bed in the morning my feet hurt so bad I can't walk, it's like walking on bruises. And the then to rub salt in my wounds it's hard to start to urinate and I have a weak stream. All this has been going on for over six months. I've seen a uroligist and had a few test done, all negitive, no prostate problems. I've seen my primary care and had blood work, no diseases. Just high Cholesterol, I'm only 40. I finally had a lumbar MRI and my doctor told me It showed A herniated disk at L5 S1 and told to see a neuro sergeon. I hope it's the problem. Can anyone shed any light on these symptoms?
I had my thymus gland removed in Jan. 2004. On the second day I was in the hospital I realized I could not feel my left upper thigh. Since then I still have continous burning sticking numbness type pain. I have been referred to a neurologist and I still have the same complaint. All day today (6-3-08) I have been experiencing alot of pain in the thugh area now my ankle hurts alot. What is happening to me?
hi there .i have been having problems with left buttockt pain and numbness down my left thight front and back and my foot will hurt and tingle and knee will hurt ,it hurts bad when id rive.i ahve had mri and xrays and bone scans ,they say nothing ,my dr say increased femoral anterversion,i also get bad headaches and sinuses plugg up real bad when this happens ,,i dont know what to do it is so dreperssing ,, it affects my work and my spirit,, maybe its Ms my aunt has Ms .i really dont know,does anyone have any information ,,ty lLoretta
I have been treated for prostate cancer and had radiation beam therapy.  I am now experiencing numbness, tingling in both of my front thighs and occasonal sharp pains or a feeling like something is crawling on my thigh.  The radiologist says he has not heard of that before from radiation therapy but what else could it be??  Has anyone else experienced this since radiation therapy from prostate - if so what did you do?
Zladyz
If you have questions on MS I would suggest that you go and post on the MS forum if you haven't already.  There are many people there who could answer MS questions. Also all of the pain in the left leg could be do to sciatica.  You might want to look into it.

Kevin
I have many symptoms adn one of the things they found was a bulging disc.  They ruled that out as the cause for me because the bulging disc can only affect the things below it.  So the fact that only your leg is affected could mean that it is just this bulging discs, there is really not much that they can do about it, but it heals itself over time usually.  That is what my neuro told me.  It is unlikely to be sciatica as that affect the left leg the most.

Stella and Banka
I have widspread numbness, burning pain, and other sensory problems.  I would see a neuro if I were you.  If the pain is really severe ask your doctor about taking Lyrica or Neurontin.  These help with neurological pain.  I use neurontin personally and it is wonderful.  My pain started two and a half years ago with tingling from the waist down and burning in my back and now has spread to tingling, numbness, burning, and many other things in my legs, back, arms and neck.  Neurontin helps it your pain is neurological.

Bobbi Joe
Talk to a neuro and try looking into sciatica and see if this fits your symptoms

Ron
See a neuro.  Any sensory changes chould be taken into consideration.  I know that what I started with is similar tingling, numbness, burning sensation and pain in my legs and back.  My neuro had me get an MRI.  In your case they may look for bulging discs or other simple problems.  A neuro would know better.  I know that right now I am looking at the possibility of MS or sjrogens syndrom (syndrome), but both of those and I have a lot more symptoms than you have mentioned.  

I hope this helps
Tahiri
HI

I have exactly the same symptons, pain, numbness, stabbing sharp pains, burning sensation in the right upper thigh. It is so sensitive...if I just slightly touch my skin with my finger it hurts, its sore when I exercise and stretch and when I put pants on over it. What could this be? I went to a physician and he gave me two injections in the thigh and said it will go away and it has not....who can I go see now?

Please advise

Colleen
HI MY NAME IS JOHN,
I HAD UMBILICAL HERNIA SURGERY ON AUG. 11, 2008. ON 8/13 WHEN I WENT TO BED I STARTED TO FEEL A BURNING ,NUMBNESS, SHARP PAIN, FROM MY THIGH TO MY KNEE ON MY LEFT LEG . NOW A WEEK AND A HALF LATER I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON BOTH LEGS WHEN I BEGIN TO FALL ASLEEP AT NIGHT . I GOING TO SEE THE SURGEON AUG.21, AT 11 A.M. TO REMOVE THE STITCHES FROM MY SURGERY . CAN YOU HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHY AFTER MY SURGERY  THAT I STARTED TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM ?
THANKS, JOHN
Hi, there is a possibility of meralgia paraesthesia which is  lesion of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh. Nerve entrapment  in either inguinal ligament or some abnormal anatomical structures.

“Restrictive clothing and weight gain are two common ways that the nerve may be pinched. Pressure may also be caused by long periods of standing or leg exercise which increase tension on the inguinal ligament”.  Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meralgia_paraesthetica

Treatment involves pain killers, rest, and drugs like carbamazepine, amitriptyline, gabapentin etc, hot compressions and surgery to decompress the nerve.

http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/topic590.htm

I never realized how many people were going through the same thing as I am. Isn't it hell? That's the only word for it. I am only 43,have worked all my life and now it's the bed. I am so sick of the bed. I burn, feel like I'm stabbed, spasms, my legs feel like sticks that could break but the soreness of a rison. Burning,aching,and very depressing.I feel for everyone here and understand. The Lyrica is great. It helps me walk a little better, but who knows what it is doing on the inside. I"ve gained 50 lbs. but can't seem to quit it because it works. Right when I got down to the lowest level to start neurontin my pain was tramendous so I went and took my normal dose.I suppose to see neuro after my PCP.I think I have sciatica because most of my pain is in my left leg. I read and learned it here.So I thank you for that bit of info. Never go tell the doc that you know what you have, he has to tell you himself. All we can do is tell our symtoms (symptoms) and most of the time for me, the pain is so intense the tears fall and my pain level is ten and it makes me so mad to be profiled. People who don't feel that pain wil never understand until they are in those shoes. I'll tell you what they done to me. I had what was called a ruptured petrusion. Have you ever heard of this? Doc said if I didn't have the surgury I could wind up in wheel chair. So,I had the surgery and hurt more now than I did. Of course, I've had two docs. say I didn't even need the surgery. I don't know,You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.Anyway, the pain was so bad I had to get nerve blocks and I advise against it.The reason why is they hit something in my back, I jumped on the table like a lightning bolt had struck me. I then started having the stabbing pains in my back then it move down to my knees, and last but not least my feet. OH....I wish I had doc who could fix me. I have so much I want to do for others. I write songs and used to play the guitar. I worked in Opryland as an entertainer in a show called CMUSA. It was the best times in my life. If only we could captured those moments.I know I could have done some great things if only given the chance. I know there is a lot of people like me. We need to get together  and start something. I'll provide the vocals and we could make a website for people. <a I am still thinking...any ideas?There's got to be something. Well, I said enough for today.I feel pretty good at the moment and enjoying communicating with others who feel like I do. Keep your chin up. It's funny how pain is. I was feeling fine a minute ago and I waited to late to change my patch(fentenly 50mcg). I know better. I am still gonna make it through this even though I feel like the pain can't get any worse sometimes. YOU can do it too! Karen
I have noticed a new symtom and wonder if anyone else does it. I can't raise my arms up to my shoulder. I mean just the muscles are hurting to lift them. Also, I have been giving myself a vit.B12 @ every 7 days. It seems to make me feel better for a couple of days. Could this be pernicious anemia? Maybe I need the doc to take more blood. I found out if you take folic acid if will cover if you have a B12 definciency. When you take lyrica you do good to spell and do things right.I just wish I knew if I should try neurontin or stay w/lyric?Any comments?I'll check back to see if I have found a friend. I hope so...Karen
P.S. I wrote @burning and the foot problem(not being able to walk)
I know exactly what you mean...I have had alot of pain since a back injury in June 07...(T10-12 prolapse) as well as really poor mobility...pins and needles,,sharp pains...i miss the old me very much. Im 46,  was a keen tennis player who taught special needs kids and always used stilts,juggling,puppets and ventriliqism.I havent contributed to these kids since I got hurt... yet when I come on here I realise how many truely brave guys there are out there..struggling just like me...and I realise I am lucky  as I can still walk and I can still do alot..ok not as I was but I can still get out and see the sun..
What a great idea..keep writing your songs...some thing good may well come out of all the hard times...Ive started writing childrens stories...my dream is that one day I will look back at this and be glad,,,cos it got me writing...you never know I might even be playing tennis again....
one thing I did learn was not to give up...before all this I was the type of guy that didnt like to make a fuss  would accept what I was told..now I have  researched my problem and fought to get the care I need and its finally  paid off..Somehow I dont thing Ill ever go back to that quiet person..so something good has come out ot this...
MJ
Has weight loss helped in any way?
I fell on my buttockts 5years ago and I have had but and groin pain so bad I had a pain pump inserted 2004.  this is 2009 and I still have lots of break thru pain taking to muck vicodin.  how can I find out whats wrong  I have had 6 MRI's Thant all show I have torn muscel and torn tendons in my buttockts. two CT scans and lots of xrays.  One Dr told my I had piriformis syndrome and to go home it could be fixed with one shot---well I had the one shot and two hrs later if woke me up hurting so bad I took a vicodin to releave the pain in my grain.
I was diagnosed with meralgia paraesthetica 2 years ago. I have lost some weight but still have numbness once in awhile. I have pain in that area especially after sitting for a period of time ( as short as 1/2 hour). If I drive it is very pain when i get out of the car and start to walk. It works out then i'm ok. I am 55 yrs old 5' 8 " 187 lbs with a history of sugar diabetes in my family. What are my options for treatment?
Thank you
I want to know if anyone else have these symptoms:  I am fine until I lie down at night and i have severe pain on the outer side of my right buttock and burning pain down my right thigh that crosses over my knee and down my shin.  My doc says its bursitis, but I have bursitis in my shoulder and the pain is not the same.
i have upper neck and shoulder pain and burning  lower back pain when i walk it some times feels like my hip is going to pop and my shins are going to break i am over weight my left leg is larger than my right cafes my feet and ancules swell and feet swell and burn for about the last 5 years my right knee had some numnes and then it went all the way up to my thigh on the outer side of my leg well i had a heart atack and thay put a line in my grouin vain with a die to see a blocked artary in my heart thay put a stent in the frount valve it was 80 percent blocked thay said i have 25 percent damage to the frount of my heart but after that the whole side of my right leg from the knee up went num and in sted of only 1 place in my leg feeling like it was being stabed now i have 2 places in that leg being stabed and when it happends i jump out of my skin in pain and after the stent was put in now my left leg is num from the knee up too and my left leg has a pulling behind my knee like a ham string pulling in verry bad pain cant walk mutch or mutch of any thing ealse cant do dishes with out sitting down 4 or 5 times takes 3 hours when it use to take 15 minits and im alergic (allergic) to alot of medacations the wornings on learaca scare me my mom is on it and it helps her pain some but if she cant take it that day she gets verry sick from the adiction (addiction) and cant do without itand is this haretaterry  please help im falling apart cant take the pain cant do every day jobs even the small ones can barley get up my 3 steps to get in the house and when i drive my hands and armes go num too is there help out there it seems like the doctors dont want to hear it do thay just not know what is wrong or just dont care im glad i seen this page to see that im not the only one there are outhers with this too im not going crazzy       bonnie conrad from oklahoma city
I had a hysterectomy 5years ago and every since I was sent home I started getting severe burning, tingling, and pain in my right thigh.  I have been living with this pain but now it is getting very bad.  I sometimes wake up screaming and crying like my leg was just ripped open.  It felt like what I would imagine it would feel like if you had a open wound being exposed to the air.  It is awful.  These have been coming on much more frequently.  I have seen a neurologist and had a conduction test and they said everything was fine.  I was then put on gabapentin and it did not help.  I am affraid that it is a blood clot.  Can anyone please help me!!!! I have been to the doctor so many times and have had no relief.

Thank you
wantrelief
Hi-thesymptoms in which you are describing do sound like nerve pain (but it could be many other things as well..)-there could be so many factors involved..a pinched nerve, herniated disc, scarring/adhesions squeezing the nerve, consistent inflammation etc-have you had any MRI completed? I would definately recommend getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion..doctors are not God and they do make mistakes.. a lot..dont get me wrong, I am so incredibly grateful for my team of surgeons and ability to recieve medical care; however, I have been dealing with complicated medical conditions since I was 21 (now almost 33) and along the journey, many doctors have misinformed me or made mistakes-It wasnt until recently some questions got answered due to new technological equipment that recently developed at the cleveland clinic;however, much of my condition will probably remain undiagnosed/unanswered..even after a few major surgeries...I would search for the best of the best neuro even if you have to travel or spend more money-your quality of life is worth any amount of distance and money-also, regarding the blood clot-I would again see a specialized well reknown doctor who can at least guide you in the right direction-Try to keep your hopes and strength to fight up
Thank you so much for your kind words.  I am trying to keep my spirits up it is just very hard when I hurt so bad and no one can help me.  I will keep searching.  Thank you so much!
I have had a numb, tingling,pins & needles pain in my right thigh for some time' and i have no back problems! some years ago i suffered an neurological attack of some sort' it was shortly after using Zyban drug to stop smoking. i was so ill' i lost parts of my memory, developed a corneal eye condition, vertigo, weakness, being constantly sick, I lost over a stone in weight! after i sort of recovered' it left me with double vision, numbness, reverse sensation, lazy leg, irregular heart beat, severe tiredness, jaw spasms and a strange almost constant numbness in my right thigh down to my knee! One test that i had called " E.P " showed that i have something wrong with the signal from my brain to my right leg!! I have never had any answers to this event from the medical world' any idea's?
since my prostate surgery ( Robotic) in Feb 2010 I have had to deal with pain, numbeness, knee and ankle throbbing, touch sensitivity where I can't stand anything to touch my left leg. Leg wants to give out at time, soreness, burning sensation and tingeling. My Doctor says out of all his surgerys that he has performed mines was the worst case. Instead of a 2 1/2 hrs surgery it went to 5 1/2 hrs because my pelvis was narrow. if anybody has went through this please contact me at ***@**** Everyday im having to deal with this pain and it gets real fustrating at times.
I have been having intense burning,pins a needles, numbness, but the numbness is to a point in my thigh to were I can no longer feel my upper thigh, and if I do feel my thigh its when I feel the pins a needles n burning but its like a deep down pain, its enough to wake me up in the middle of the night and enough pain to make me cry. Its horrible i don't know what it could be. If it helps 3 weeks ago I injured my knee they believe I have a meniscus tear. My numbness started just after i got injured. I don't know if this has anything to do with the pain but I was wondering if you have any ideas? What should I do?
Amazing thread. In my case:  first my right lower thigh and later the rleft lower thigh started this type of discomfort. Not overweight  and only were belt moderately. Went to Neuro who did a number of nerve test-all OK. Then MRI which indicated no prostate nor renal issues, but showed some age related deteriating back discs--but several doctors said that is more or less normal for even otherwise healthy persons over 60. Prescribed Gabamantin ( ?) but at my request took it only prior to bedtime since it was only noticeable during night.  After several weeks the less aggressive left thigh discomfort went away. Then after several more weeks the right discomfort reduced. However after about 2 years somewhat suddenly---while taking Gab every night ---both legs resumed. Then started Chiropactor who advertised success with sciatica and for 2  moths stopped taking Gab. Interestingly after several sessions the left leg mostly became OK. The right thigh stopped burning just above the knee and moved up to the upper thigh. The most helpful refief within couple of minutes is to lay on floor next to the bed and place both calfs/ legs nearly 80% angle on top of bed. But afterwards it comes back. The best relief which was for several hours was when do rib injury for few weeks was prescibed strong codein / tylenol combination. But now I am not taking them and right upper thigh bothers me every night. As I write this: should I take just tylenol at night?
I just lifted a desk (stupid) without using my legs and then it happened... A quick painful pull that seemed like a rubber band the size of a small car tire that wrapped around my right side.  I didn't really feel it until I got home.  I had to lie in bed for 5 hours.  That was 2 days ago.  Now, I tried to get up to go to work and I can't stand up for a couple of minutes until I feel a dull pain in my groin area.  If I move a certain way, I feel it, but other times I don't feel it at all.  I also tried to see where my mobility limitations are and I now I feel tingling in my right thigh.  Not good.  Should I go see a doc now?  
i can certainly relate to many of your comments. had severe and constant pain in upper neck area to the point where i cud not turn my neck to look half way bhind me..i was in pain all the time.very depressed..went to see my doctor who sent me to neuro. had an MRI done and it showed spinal diorder..i was later diagnosed with cerivcal spinal stenosis...was precribed massage therapy and physical therapy..also the option for surgery..at this point, at least for 2yrs i have opted for the surgery..i am still in sooo much pain everyday and migraines have become an every week wake up kind of deal...for some time i was having jus the numbness in arms, hands and right side of hip..NOW the numbness from right hip and turned into severe burning pain..i can hardly get out of bed without screaming r crying r both!! can barely touch that area r have clothing touching it..im scheduled to return to my doctor who at first put me on mucle relaxers, meloxicam for inflammation and steroids..i too put on some weight as well, but not a whole lot, but i still feel the weight gain..and thats depressing!! im lookn forward to seeing my doctor again and letting him know what the new symptoms are and hopefully will get some much needed help!! thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and knowing that other people out there feel your pain as well..
I have had pain in my low back since I was19 or 20 and I am 50 now. I had several MRI's and then in 2006 while at work my left arm went numb when I moved something. I had a MRI on my neck and found that I had three bone spurs in my neck. I had a bone spur at C5,C6 & C7 and got sent to a doctor who gave me 7 shots in my neck and 7 shots in my low back some were steroids and some were epadorals [I think thats how you spell it] any way I left that doctor because I tired of the shots and they hurt bad to have the shots. A freind told me about Freiberg Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine  and they have helped me alot, I was in an accident in november 2007 and my nero surgeon told me that if I was in another accident I would be paralized from the neck down so I had surgury to remove the bone spurs because it scared me real bad I went into depression. I do still have some problems in my neck and shoulders but I can walk, so I had that doctor fix my low back because I have degenertive disc desease [I think thats how to spell it or at least you can understand it] in L3,L4,L5 & S1. The doctor fused L5& S1 together because the disc was gone but that surgery didn't help me. My right leg was numb from the hip to the knee and bad back pain, after the surgery Istill have low back pain and my right leg is still numb but now my left leg is numb and I hate to wear pants because my legs burn real bad and I get shooting stabing pains in both legs. The medicine I take for all this is not cheap, I take MS-CONTON which is morphine 30 mg three times a day, I also take Lyrica 150mg three times a day,I also take tizandine 4mg three times a day, percacet 5.50mg twice a day,trizodone at night to help me sleep and lunnesta also to help me sleep. I have pain still in my legs even with all this medicine and I still have trouble sleeping because the pain wakes me up at night and sometimes I do feel like crying from the pain. I am trying to get on S.S  but I have been turned down twice because I don't think they know how this affects my everyday life. I know how all of you feel and I'm glad I found this site.
hello everyone lets see im new to this not the back pain part but the rest so im scaried and want to hide when i was 12 i hurt my back moving a box the pain went away a week later then when i was 24 i had a truck hit my car form behide i had pt for months which helped but i was left alot of pain form my stica nevrve and knee pain well im 27 now and last week 12-5-2010 i feel off my kitchen counter tring to find some bowls on the top shelve i hit the floor really hard was knocked out i woke up to the 911 one people taking me away to the hospital i passed out and woke up on the table i had 4 cat seans and 1 mri and 23 xrays done oh i left something out when i came to i couldnt feel nothing below the wiast the doctor did all kinds of test to see what i feel and what i dont i was poked with all kinds of sharp things when he got done i told him i feel everything above the belly button and nothing below he then sent me two a hospital 2 hours away where they kept me under close watch im home now and got lots of doctors apts but i cant feel my legs,walk, i dont know when i have to go to the bathroom,i cant sleep the pain is so bad i cry i use a walker now and they dont what to do i walk really funny like im going to fall over at any min i have alreally fall out 3 times since i been home they told me i have 3 bluding disks :( where im not sure i feel like a bad wife i cant take care of my husband who has cmt 2 :( i need to know if anyone has gone thru with this or not i know the hospital doc told me to get on ssi i would be in a wheelchair my next summer thank you for any comments oh sorry the pain is in both legs
i'm sorry i can't read all the comments (sitting causes too much pain) but after reading several of them, i think one possibility that could be looked into is arachnoiditis. it's rare, but can be a complication of epidural steroid injections, epidural anesthesia and chronic compression of spinal nerves, among other causes.
one other suggestion i have is to keep a journal of your symptoms, and keep copies of your MRI and any other reports. all this information will be helpful to your caregivers, and also to you as you try to discern patterns, causes of flares of pain, etc.
i hope you all find the answers you're seeking, and the support you need! hang in there with it! please, keep going and don't give up!
my wife is 60 yrs old she has had the severe burning pain in her right leg the doctor perscibed valprobut this mad it worse that was 6 mths ago,we have tried to get our doctor to send her to a specilist but to now vale can any one please help me with a cure or something.

Mick from Austraila
i just found out that i have ddd degenarative disc disease in my L5 and lower spine plus i have torn a muscle in my left knee and there is a burning irratating burn like its on fire very painful what kinda treatment is there for these problems i have my doctor havent really told me to much i wont find out everything till 4-12-11 and im kinda nervouse plus my right elbow fells like someone has a pair of pliers and is crushing my elbow and can straighten it out straight or hold anything its hurts to bad  what could that b my xrays didnt show anything wrong??? thank you jason s
I was walking my dog and he is very feisty and jerked me in a direction until I slip and fell on a hard pavement in my neighborhood. I fell directly on my right hip side area. I could not immediately get up, but I did finally get up and I felt no pain. About 3 months later which is now...I awaken every morning with a form of sciatic nerve tingling inside of my leg, it feels like my bones are burning inside or brittle. The pain is in different places. The right hip..then it goes down to my thighs and slowly travels to the shinbone, calf areas. I do not feel anything below these points. However, I am a 53 yr old woman that feels 35 and I am not able to walk when I awaken in the morning I am using BenGay and have to stretch and loosen up my right leg, do squats and finally I am able to walk. I expect to live a long time and fear needing a wheelchair in my elder age. This is very scary and I intend to visit a doctor in a few weeks. I have hope that it will go away and is only from the fall and the reason it is taking so long to go away because I have not used these muscles in a long time. I am riding my bicycle but it hurts around my right hip the most. If any of you have experienced these symptoms, please reply
my right upper leg start to feel like its burning and tingling after i stand for a while, but once i sit down it goes away, wonder what this could be from.
From all the comments I've read above, not a single one stated that the pain, burining, numbness has been cured.

I also have the same symptoms in the outer part of my left thigh. I guess I have to learn to live with it.
A few wks. ago my left upper thigh in the anterior middle aspect has this area that is a purplish red area that is not uniform. At the widest points it measures about 3 inches. It doesn't have any center or swelling. But my lower leg is numb when I touch it it has shooting pins and needles. So I don't touch it - well just for a shave. There is a large amt. of pain when I climb stairs. The pain is from above the discoloration up to the groin crease. The leg is not swollen and I do have pulses. Beside the area the rest of the leg is a normal color. Do you think I was bitten by something.?Its been about 2 wks. and I called a neurologist but have to wait 6 wks. for appt. I have no primary care as I just moved here. I am trying to avoid the ER because Iive in Boston and ER visits are notorious for approx. 10 hrs. or more and the pain isn't constant.
katchka
I was given a shot in my left hip in April and about a week later i started feeling numbness the area and now im having pain feels like something is sticking me and the area is painful to touch, i was told that it would go away but it's to be getting worse.Please help
Rachel from GA.
I had ligament injury. My thigh used go numb while sleeping.. This is due to weakness and lack of energy. This will go over time... Dont worry..

Just have good and healthy food.. thats all is required...
my nan in her 60ties, recently had a sore hip area, with in a day went numb and slowerly spread down her leg and then over to the other leg.

she was rushed to hospital, and was in there for a week.
during this time about three days in, she also lost feeling to her bladder, but not bowl. she could not feel her inside and, when she was going to urinate but could feel her bowl still.

The doctors run tests for, slip disc and nevres and strokes. but all came back clear.

during this she could lift her legs but not feel them or stand on them, they were not swollen and looked normal. and her overall health was fine.

the doctors think it was a minor stroke, tho it didnt come up, and strokes usually happen on one side of the body down, not accross.

after a week she amazily started to gain feeling again, and was clear to go home.
but she had to attend physio for months to learn to walk and stand on her legs again, she has made a fully recovery.

the doctors still have know idea what happened.

she had 5 children when she was in her 20ties and has been prone tobrake bones very easy, (maybe not enough calsium in her bones)

anyone who can shead light on this for me please help?

thanku much. sam
I HAVE EXACATLEY THE SAME PAIN, AND IVE JUST STARTED A NEW JOB AND I STAND FOR 8 HOURS, ITS AGONY
I am amazed. I have read this thread and I was certain I would find something related to what I am experiencing. Unless I missed it, I did not see anything. I am fifty. At forty-four I contracted genital herpes. I had many breakouts the first two years. It was a huge drag. I would usually feel a numbness, a tingly, itchy feeling in my upper right thigh before I got a breakout. I would feel it on the left leg less often. The breakouts subsided, but the other stuff still remains now and again. Sometimes (like right now) I get pain shots of pain that is really intense. Sort of a pulsing, wicked pain. I have always attributed it to herpes. I have had back problems, but aside from the occasional chiropractor, I haven't needed a doctor about it in years. Is it possible that any of you are dealing with the same thing? Or could anyone tell me what I am experiencing? Anyone?    
are you on lyerica?
I can so relate to many of the comments and the symptoms in common.   Ten years ago I had an injury which resulted in a herniated disk to the L4 and L5.... this put me flat on my back for six months... through intensive physio therapy to my back I was able to avoid surgery..... however .....this condition has left me with on and off bouts of sciatica..... generally it is brought on when I do excessive amounts of standing or bending, or heavy lifting..... I was told by my GP that this is something I would have live with.... I am now 64 and even though I have adjusted my lifestyle (avoid putting pressure on my legs and back)...I still have to deal with these 'episodes' as I call them.
I am only 16. And my thigh numbs up at night, and then it gets really itchy, I go to itch it and it burns. Everything sets off the burning sensation. Even a little touch of the blanket. Its very painful to deal with at night when I'm trying to sleep, as I can't move until the pain is gone, but it stays until I start to fall asleep in the position that my leg is comfortable.
I'm writing this right now, while the burning sensation is happening. I haven't gotten it checked out. I've asked around if other people like my family or friends get it, and they said no. I didn't tell them how much it hurts case they panic.
But now I'm starting to panic. Cause the pain gets worse and worse over the weeks.
Could anyone please tell me what exactly it is? :/
Thank you.
Omg,  I have the same thing, just to touch my leg hurts so bad! I have MS but was told it's not from that. I hope we find the cause.
I have the exact symptoms just as you described including the weak stream. I have had a series of 3 shots in the lower lombar, which I would say had no positive affect at all. All the doctors in Kansas City want to operate, and I wasn't even told about the shots as an alternative possible remedy, as they wanted to jump into an operation immediately. I am not ready for an explority operation, and it would seem that with so many people having the same symptoms, that doctors would have the remedy by now. I don't think they even know what the cure is. Why can't they get to the cause instead of the symptom? HEY DOC, I KNOW WHAT THE SYMPTOMS ARE--DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE CURE IS??
Hi everyone, I am 65 and about 6 months to a year ago, I got this cool sensation , just above my left knee for about 6 inches and about 6 inches wide and it turned into a slight numbness.  About 1 month ago while at work, which I stand for 7 hours, my numb area became warm and grew in intense heat, I put my hand down on my leg and it was normal feel, I couldn't feel the heat, but I felt it under the skin.  With that I know have the heat, numbness, feeling of 1000 bee's stinging, itching and at time a single jab of pain to the area that will make you yell out..  The Doctors (2) told me it was a pinch nerve coming from my back and the other Doctor said it was a  pinch nerve in my hip area due to excess weight.  No X-rays, No MRI's just of the shoulder theory.  I am to take Tylenol for relief. DOES NOT HELP AT ALL.  Any idea's of what I can do for relief .  Oh ya if I put cool pack on it and when remove it feels like someone is stabbing me in the leg.
I have the same problem.  Today was my worst day as of yet.  I was with my father getting his groceries and of course was experiencing the pain, numbness, burning and feeling of a hundred needles piercing my upper right leg.  it calmed when I got into his van until it was time to get out.  As I stepped onto that leg it felt like it was on fire and someone was actually stabbing my leg over and over again.I was yelling out because of this severe pain and it is now starting to really scare me.  This started about 5 years ago, until the day I slipped on ice and feel forward and broke my shoulder.  The pain and numbness stopped immediately and never started again until I got bronchitis really bad.about 8 months later.  It seemed the severe coughing brought it all back and as I mentioned seems to be getting worse week by week.  I suffer with lower back pain and burning , sometimes aching, feet along with this.  Any suggestions as to where I can start to try to correct this or what may be causing it?
Hi all,

I recently had a car crash accident at a T - junction where my vechile rolled several times after a driver didn't see me and continued to turn into my direction. I had a week stint in hospital and have been diagnosed with ligament damage in my neck at C7 back fractures at T1, T2 and T3. I currently have a full back and neck brace on for approx. 8 weeks to aid the fracture healing, and wow boy is it a pain in the backside!!!! But I know how great full I am to be here and alive because it was so close, the family still can't believe how I got out of the mess I was in!! I told the nurses initially in hospital about the strange numbness feeling in my right thigh and they attributed it to the injections and didn't say much about it at all. The area of numbness has gotten larger but still localized to my right thigh more around the lateral region and just above the knee. I am booked in to see a neurologist this coming Wednesday and can't wait because I hate the numbness pain and burning sensation in the area.

Does any one have any ideas as to help ease the numbness pain especially when sleeping. I really hope it is a simple fix and will go away soon because really in addition to my other injuries it's not ideal. I appreciate any advise that anyone can give me as I have never really hurt myself before. I must say how lucky though I know I am to still have the use of both my legs and arms. Blessed. :)
I don't have much information but  I have been going through a lot of what you just described for the past two months... including the sinus pressure... I thought I was going insane trying to figure out how the two even relate. I had a CT, MRI, blood work and everything done... They can't tell me anything except I seem healthy & don't know what else could be going on. They also ruled out MS & ALS... I just wanted you to know you are not alone :)