Neurology Expert Forum
rushes of lightheadedness & often fatigue

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 27 year old female and have 2 kids.  I am an active, healthy person.  I am taking synthroid for my thyroid.  
For about the last month or so I have been getting rushes of lightheadedness.. kind of like a starry all over feeling.  I get it when I stand up, but I don't even have to be doing anything. I can be just sitting here and get them. When I am sitting, standing, or anything I get it when I turn my head.. I get the feeling all the time throughout the day.  I also seem to be a bit more fatigued than usual even though I am getting enough sleep.  I also have been feeling some feelings of fever chills and never actually have a fever. At first I just ignored the feelings and figured they would leave but they seem be getting a little worse and I am feeling unhealthy and like something is really wrong or I wouldn't feel like this all the time.
I have had a hard time running lately.  I usually run for 20-30 minutes, but lately I can't get past 15 minutes without having to stop because I feel like I might pass out.  I am so confused.  Do these sound like symptoms of anything?  What can I do?  Should I go see a Dr.?  My husband said maybe I am dehydrated but I have tried to make sure I drink plenty of water, which I have always done.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks
I have a similar problem. I get what I call a "head rush" frequently when I stand up. I also get a strange rush, or feeling like I'm going to pass out or my eyes are crossing or rolling back in my head when I'm having an emotional conversation. It's hard to explain but is a strange feeling above and or behind my eyes. It also seems like bright sunlight or flourescent lighting bothers me.  I'm 52 and don't run anymore but when I walk I sometimes feel light headed or like I'm detached somehow. I also often feel like my scalp is crawling, I have mild headaches, a stiff and sore neck, and occassional shooting pains that move around my head. Any of these sound familiar to you?
Wow you guys, you hit it right on the head.  Exactly the same thing for me.  Mostly it is the "head" thing that is the worst.

They (medical professional) beleive that it is as a result of blocked Eustachian tubes in the ear - that is causing my head thing to happen.  It is due to either sins problems (which I have) or allergies.  I most recently went to an allergist, who determined that I had a build up of fluid behind the ear drum, as well, I am allergic to house dust, house molds, animal dander, tobacco smoke, etc.  So I am no allergy shots, which will take awhile to kick in.

How do we get a doctor on this forum to give us some advise
Thanks and have a great day.
Hey. I am 22 years old. For the past 8.5 months, I have experienced similar symptoms as yourself. I am struggling with chronic fatigue. I used to play college soccer and now it is hard for me to even run for 5 minutes. Lately, I have experienced alot of dizziness. This seems to increase when I move my head in different directions or when I read, especially on a computer. I think standing up makes it worse and sometimes it seems as though it gets worse in the pm as I go along the day. Light and sound appear to not help but make matters worse. I have also been have feelings of naseau. This may coincide with the dizziness. My anxiety acts as a greater trigger to these problems. My body feels like it just shuts down. My heart has also been wierd, but I had problems with that this year, even before the fatigue. Lately it seems as though I have been having a difficult time breathing, like I am hyperventilating. I have had fever chills but I don't have a fever. I drink alot of propel and gatorade and some water, but no matter how much I drink, I always feel dehydrated. My tongue appears to be coated in this white film even though my intake of fluids has increased alot. It's all really frustrating cause I go to doctors and they all tell me they can't help really. There's no "cure" or it's too complicated. They just keep taking more blood test. They all come back normal. Meanwhile, I am just trying to get by. I really do want my life and my energy back. I have so much more that I want to do right now. I just have to try and stay positive. But I really don't want any more doctors that seem to be hopeless. Please, is there a doctor out there that can help... us all who are experiencing this??? It really can be quite debilitating.
Oh yes. One more thing. Is anyone having a great difficulty falling or staying asleep at night?

God bless and take care!
Couple of questions for you:
Do your ers feel full or plugged
Do you get headaches
Do you have stiff neck and joint pain in your neck
The dizziness that you speak of, is it dizzy, or do you get a spacey disconnected feeling

I have all of the above, and have been told that I have an inner ear infection, that is effecting the eustachian tubes.

And yes, I have problems falling, and staying asleep...
Beau
I believe you may have low cortisol levels  . . . I would get that checked for sure especially if on Thyroid meds .  . I have same issues and take small amounts of Cortef.
Sue T
I played college soccer too.  cool.  That was years ago though.  I just thought I'd let you know I went to a gyno and I had an infection in my uterus.  I actually went to see if I might have been pregnant and my body was doing something weird... even though tests said I was not pregnant.. anyway, he said it was the infection that was causing all my symptoms. He put me on some antibiotics and my symptoms have eased up a lot.  I am not feeling 100% yet, but feeling much better!  Have you seen a gynecologist?  I guess you could try that.  Hope you get feeling better soon!!
Hey there, it sounds like you should check into "candida", it manifests as a white coating on your tongue....reducing sugars and yeasts from breads could possibly help you.

Bweb.
I have found a ton of forums where people are posting these same strange symptoms.  Of course I found them because I have them.  I have lightheadedness, a pre-headachey feeling, dizziness, wooziness, nausea, trouble staying asleep ( I fall asleep a bit TOO easy), and am extremely upset.  No answers anywhere.  Everyone gets told something different but not many people actually get better.  I started these symptoms about 12 weeks ago and they are ruining my life.  My neck hurts as well.  I am finally getting an MRI in two days.  I had a CT scan of the sinuses which showed minimal disease, polyps, and doc said he doesn't think these can cause my symptoms.  I was shown to have a bunch of allergies to dust mites, ragweed, trees, mold....the same thing everyone seems to be allergic to.  I took meds....no change.  Why do the docs NEVER answer about this subject?  Why?
A related discussion, light headedness was started.