Neurology Community
sacralization

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sacralization

I had a CT exam done and in the report it states that I have sacralization of the L5 vertebral body. What does this mean? I do have back pain but my doctors are unsure where the pain is coming from due to I have multiple health problems such as crohns,diabetes,and recently have found a ovarian cyst the size is 2.6 X 2.7 cm on my left side.
do u have pain at a localised lower central spine or d pain is diffused?
yes d sacralization causes a pain,that may increase gradually...
n 4 that u cn start with physiotherapy that includes interferential current therapy for pain and ultrasonic therapy plus start wit free spinal exercise..this al wil do a magic
Is it a full or partial sacralization? I have a partial, with the sacralization on the right side. That sacralization did not fuse in with the sacrum though. After 4 years, I finally have a doctor that is taking that partial, unfused sacralization seriously. I am scheduled for a diagnostic injection to that area in about a week. Unfortunately, if that is the source of my back pain, not sure that much can be done. The procedure to remove the excess bone has so-so results so I'm not sure I will go that route.

Is that cyst a single sac or something more? I had an ovarian cyst on my right side that was partially solidified and had more than one sac. The cyst was removed since it would not have gone away on it's own. An ultrasound was done to get a closer look at the cyst, which was spotted by my spine doctor on an MRI he had ordered.

As far as that sacralization, push your doctor on that, especially if it is one sided and not fused to the sacrum. I had several doctors try to tell me that mine was not the source of my back pain, but none of them could explain what was causing my back pain. I pushed because I did not like the answers I was getting, which was basically that they had no answers.