scalp tenderness
I am 40yrs old.
I had two concussions as a toddler -  one requiring o/night stay in hospital.(once hitting the back of my head, the other landing on my chin.)
I had two small scalp wounds from falling off a bike both times requiring stitches - the hair grows white around these areas
I have also hit the top of my scalp 4-5 times rather hard...enough to bring tears to the eyes and feel a little dizzy and nausea.  The same spot on the top of my scalp is very sensitive and if touched or the hair tugged slightly it is very painful and occassionaly have a generalized headache(one that is quite different from a tension headache)I have mild depression, struggle with irritability.

Should I be concerned?

The scalp nerve endings become sensitive in areas receiving recurrent insult.

Also, condition like ‘occipital neuralgia’ can have similar presentation. It can be due to trauma (a direct blow or "whiplash"); spinal column compression; nerve lesions; localized infections or inflammation; gout; diabetes; blood vessel inflammation; and local tumors.

Taking a neurologist opinion will help in confirming the diagnosis.