Neurology Community
scar tissue buildup

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

scar tissue buildup

I have had five back surgeries, number 3 being a fusion and the last two to clean up scar tissue that was pressing on the nerve in my leg. I am again in horrible pain and the scar tissue is back. Is there anything that can help reduce my excessive scar tissue buildup? Taking pain medication every day is not an option. How about the spinal cord stimulator for pain reduction? I live in Connecticut is there a specialist here who I could see?
Avatar n tn
BE VERY CAREFUL if you are having a scar tissue problem and then getting a stimulator.  I just had to have a new stimulater put in and old out and it was a 4 hour operation that was to be 1 hour all because of massive scar tissue.  The Surgeon had never seen anything so "ugly" as he put it and left the huge bulge of very painful scar tissue there and found another place to put the stimuler.  Itis only 3 inches from all the scar tissue and will be surrounded with scar tissisue soon.  I am in more pain than I was before the stimulator.  So if you have tendesive's to get scar tissue I might think twice about getting one.  I am so misserable and now have to figure out how to get it out so I can bend over and feel like my organ are not being torn all over.  Do your research. sandralee97