seizure
my 5 year old daughter do alot of movement with her legs twitching of her mouth and making moaning noises. Took her to a doctor and the doctor said it was ways of self pleasure I was like WHAT; things symptons sounds like signs of a seizure. Her hands are not between her legs its just her leg is moving back and forth stiffening up. In need a better answer someone please help me on this.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Seizure activity goes through the aura, tonic and clonic stages, which is grand mal seizures. Others are petit mal epilepsy, which is otherwise called as absence seizures. And temporal lobe seizures are known to cause altered sense of smell or taste. If her symptoms fall into these mentioned categories, it could be seizure activity, only an EEG (electroencephalogram) can help confirm this. This is done under the guidance of a neurologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.