Neurology Community
seizures

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

seizures

I am on 1000 mgs of keppra a day and still have seizure feelings...anyone else in the same boat?!? I even woke up with the old taste of blood in my throat.
There are other types of seizure medicine, just as there are many types of seizures, so you should please ask your doc to try something else stronger on you.  I mean, even the old standard barbituates might work better.  Some people get feelings or a seizure once in a great while with meds, tho.  But if this is something often, your prescribing doc is going to want to know.  It's not good for the brain to be seizing or nearly seizing all the time.