seizures
my daughter had grand-mal seizures as a child. the drs. said they came from menengitist.  she hasnt had one in 25 years. until the other day. now she cannot be left alone, or drive until she is released by a neurologists. how do i find a really good one. my past experience led me to realize that many drs. thinks its all in my head. the dr. that she saw as a child, does not treat adults.
If she has not had a siezure in 25 years, and under no medications, all she has to do is not notify the motor vehicles department when she fills in her medical history. I am upset when someone with epilepsy that is active continues to drive, however this is a differeent situation entirely. Many physicians will grant such a waiver after a year of siezure free activity, and often don't prescribe medications until after the third siezure. With the history you describe I would feel safe driving in a car with her. If she is taking medications you will probably need a waiver. If so consult with the new neurologist as to his/her opinion on weaning her off or discontinueing the meds.