Neurology Community
seizures

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

seizures

This discussion is related to Infant Seizures.

My grandchild started having seizures a week ago - he is 2 months old.  He has been diagnosed and we understand what is going on as much as possible.  I have read that during the first 3 months of life I have heard that a childs brain is still developing for the first 3 months after birth.  is this true?
Tags: brain
Hello.

The brain development is a continuous process. In the first year of life, all the nerve cells are completely formed. Thereafter, the higher functions are developed.

If you are worried about the seizures affecting the normal development of your grandson's brain, your worry is justified. It is very important to control the seizures and prevent further episodes.

Regards