severe burning and radiating pain under shoulder blade
I have had numerous x rays and mri's in desperate search for help. I had suffered from a burning pain behind my right shoulder blade intermittantly for over a decade. However, in 2001, I fell from a horse loft and crushed one of my vertibres in the lumbar region. Since that time I have aquired scoliosis allegedly because the vertibre is compacted more so on the left side. The mri's also showed some bone deteriation and a bulging disc in the thorasic area, right between my shoulder blades. Since the accident, especially over the last four years the pain in my back has gotten progressively worse especially the burning behind my right shoulder blade. The pain starts anytime I use my arms and now sometimes even if I am still. If I don't become still when the pain starts, it radiates toward my shoulder socket and up to my neck and becomes so debilitating that the entire shoulder will lock up. I have tried everything from ice to heat to lidacain patched and every ointment I can find nothing but utter stillness will ease the pain. Then when I do stop moving I have to raise my shoulder(this is the side that is shorter since the scoliosis set in, approx 1 to 2 inches lower) and press it back similiar to the position it would be in if my arm were resting on a chair next to me.
I have seen numorous doctors and I can't get a straight answer not even a quess. They see me as young (37) and maybe think I am eggagerating in search of drugs. I have tried physical therapy and even begged a neuro surgion to operate. I asked if the pain is from the bulging disk or the scoliosis but they state that there isn't enough to be the cause.
I am looking for a new doctor now and hoping fresh eyes will make a difference.

Can you help me or at least point me in the right direction. I have had a L,T, and C spine mri so the entire spine has be imaged. Please help me!
Jessica
Have a nerve conduction study done immediately after an episode. Also, the long thoracic nerve runs right behind the shoulder blade and I have this problem periodically due to injury of C-5 C-6 and C-6 C-7.
I appreciate the suggestin. Since I posted this, a dr did an x-ray on my shoulder and said there a problem with impingement and a  seperation. He said that my ball joint rises too high when I raise my arm. He also pointed out a space between the bones at the top of the joint was too big when my arm was at my side.  Only an orthopedic surgeon was suggested.

If this nerve is involved, shouldn't a neurologist do the surgery?