Neurology Community
severe burning sensation after rotator cuff surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I tore my rotator cuff and possibly fractured my sternum about 2 years ago. I had pain in my ear, neck and shoulder down my arm. I was surprised that the pain in my ear was related. Last year I had rotator cuff surgery but the pain in my ear has worsened especially when I try to wear a bra It becomes so severe that I can not function. I suspect that it worsened because of the partial mumford procedure and that I am large breasted but no one really seems to be able to tell me why. I need to wear a bra to go back to work. Is there a "trigger" area that causes this pain or am I completely wrong about the possible cause. Can any one tell me how to help this issue ( and not wearing a bra is not an option because that to causes pain).  
I had the same thing happen.  After the surgery my doctor ordered a MRI of my neck and found that I had two herniated disk which was causing the pain in my neck, shoulder and my arm.  Have you had your neck checked?
Avatar n tn
I am scheduled for rotator cuff surgery on 6/21/07 and I am concerned about how you can wear a bra after surgery.  Your probelem worries me.  I am in horrible pain now, but I am now concerned I am going to be in worse pain after. Does anyone have some pointers on what to wear after surgery, and what to wear coming home from surgery?  Going without a bra is not an option as I am rather large breasted.  How soon after surgery can I expect to have some relief from pain?
Avatar n tn
I had surgery on April 25 for what was just supposed to be a frozen shoulder, but then they found a rotator tear and a lebrum tear and all kinds of deterioration of the shoulder. I to am large busted and was worried. The first few days i was home and just wore a big shirt of my husbands and the i put a bra on with pain mind you but just put one strap up and just had the other cup on the other breast. It worked ok sine i was in a slig for 6 weeks. I can now wear a bra normally but it still hurts.
Avatar n tn
I am to have rotator cuff surgery and even now can't wear a bra.  Does front closure bras work best after surgery?  Any suggestions as to what to buy and where?  I can't imagine wearing the strap over the incision area and agree that using one strap may work.  Are there any other suggestions? What have you women done to work through this.  I wear a fuller size bra.
Avatar n tn
i had rotator cuff surgery, in which they repaired a tear and clean it up inside there, but since then i have had tingling and numbness in index finger, doctor say that it should go away, but its been over amonth now, should i be concerned?