Neurology Expert Forum
severe concussion symptoms
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

severe concussion symptoms

My 16 yr old daughter received a concussion when a piece of exercise equip fell on her head in aug/2011. Severe headache, backache, grey blotches in her eyes were all present. ER visit with xray of her neck showed nothing wrong but concussion. Then on Sep 13 she hit her head againist a bathroom sink at school when she almost fell from passin out. This is when part of her memory went. We have been to neurologists, pediatritians, chronic pain clinics, cranial sacrial treatments, accupuncutre, ER for iv pain meds, psychiatrists, and will be going to physio and psychologists, no one has found anything wrong and no way to help. She has been on ami and nora triptylene, ketorolac, metachloprimide, gabapentine., maxalt, and lastly topamax and nothing has helped (has also tried any and all headache pain killers) She suffers daily with brutal head pain, terrible back ache, grey/black blotches in her vision that never goes away, her hands are very numb, her memory is poor and has forgotten many things yet we are amazed at things she still remembers. Her concentratin and comprehension have made her miss an entire semester of school and has only gone back recently if only for the social aspect because she was getting very low and sad and angry being at home where life was not what it should. Its been over 6 months and NOTHING has improved. Should we continue to hope, or is this the way life is going to be? They have always said"its a concussion, it will heal" but its hard to keep hoping when nothing has improved. Her life is so not what it used to be.Are there any other drugs we should try although she is very against trying anything else because of all the side effects she has had. She is scheduled for another MRI of her entire back and head again and they want to do a spinal tap to check pressures of her spine and analyze the fluids. Is there still hope in things getting better? "Why would the hands recently go numb? 'Will her eyes ever see normal again?