Neurology Community
severe leg and foot pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe leg and foot pain

I am 31 yrs old and have been having severe leg and foot pain with pins and needles sensations for most of my life.My arms and legs are really weak which makes it hard to stand or hold on to anything. Recently i have been having lower back pain with pins and needles sensation in mid back and now have bladder retention. I cannot touch my toes never have.The pain feels like elastic bands are wraped tightly on my arms and legs. I have had alot of tests done including a recent mri which all came back "normal". The pain is so severe i have a hard time walking especially stairs. I feel like it is neurological but cant seem to find any answers. Has anyone experienced these symptoms?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi tanna,
Ask them if they would be so kind as to do a lit up exray with contrast fluid. An Mri is a waste of time for certain kinds of herniated discs.! It will show up nothing and cost the insurance companies a lot of money. Which in turn comes out of our pocket.
An mri tells nothing!
Yes, been there, done that! Were you treated by a neurologist or a neurosurgeohn? you need to be addressed by a neurosurgeon! They are the only ones that can these types of tests.
Other than that they dont do much for people with back pain. Sending you to a physical therapist is a waste of time and money. You need to consult a Osteopath if you can find one or a chiropractor. They will tell you if your spine is in a straight line. They will also tell you what exercises you can do to help relieve the pain.
All I do is a lot of walking after they lined up my discs.
There was no more pain , it is absolute heaven let me tell you.
God Bless Luv.
Threewheelmobile
Blank
Thanks for your response =) I am being seen by a Neurosurgeon so i will ask him to run that test. I have been to a chiropractor and my spine is aligned and it seemed to make my pain worse so i am hesitant to go back.
Blank
It usually takes about three or four visits to put the spine into its proper position.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...