Neurology Expert Forum
severe muscle cramping
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

severe muscle cramping

I tend to seat profusely during exercise and i tend to engage in sports like cycling and tennis that can last for an extended length of time. I am also in the deep south and the heat and humidity are excessive. For the last few years, I am 47 now, I have dehydrated to the point of hospitalization on three occassions. I go through an excruciating full body cramping that lasts for over an hour with only an intermitent cessation of cramping. I am now experiencing cramping in my sleep and in my racquet hand during the day. I have tried drinking pedealyte and i take potassium and magnesium off and on. Is this cramping a result of muscle dehydration are do i have some sort of nerologic pathology? If this is strictly dehydration what can I do to minimize the effect. Thanks