Neurology Expert Forum
shaking breasts

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

shaking breasts

I have been having problems with twiching and spasms and have had a normal emg and neuro exam a few months ago but among my various symptoms that continue are permently shaking breasts- they are most noticable at the nipple area- they just continue to move I ASSUME THEY ARE PREMENTLY CONTRACTING -THEY MOVE MY clothes---i told the neurologist about it but he says its anxiety I HAD A BREAST EXAM YESTERDAY AND EVEN THE SPECALIST NOTICED-THET NEVER STOP EVEN THOUGH i cant feel them-any advice
THANKYOU IN ANTICIPATION
TANNY
There is nothing in the medical literature regarding this matter, nor have I ever heard of anything like this. Anxiety can certainly play a role, but I leave this diagnosis to the physicians who have examined you personally and performed your EMG. If the symptoms persist or worsen, let your neurologist and primary care doc know so that they can lead you in the right diagnostic direction.
This post interests me greatly, as I have the same thing happening.  My nipple vibrates.  I am not under any stress, however, I do have other neurological symptoms.  I thought this was odd, as I did not think the breasts have muscles in them... Maybe I am wrong?
your the only other person who I have heard of with similar symptoms- you mention you have other neurological symptoms- are they similar to mine and have you been to see a neurologist if so what did they say?
Tanny
I recently just located this site, I've had ongoing issues since an auto accident 2 years ago.  One of which has been numbness and twitching of the right breast.  I too, have not been given an exact "reason" for this.  However, having had multiple injuries to my cervical spine, spinal cord and brachial plexus; it has been suggested that the brachial plexus injury could be the cause.  Please ask your physician for a Thoratic Outlet Syndrome exam.  That may help some.  Good Luck to you!!!
I am so glad to hear you speaking about these things.  I don't have a shaking breast, but I do get sharp shooting pains emminating from inside my chest and shooting through my right breast nipple.  It is really painful and unnerving.  I noticed some of you are having these problems with your right breasts also which I wonder might be significant for each of us.  I had a mammogram to make sure everything was alright as far as cancer.  It was negative.  I am interested if any of you, or anyone, has experienced this type of pain.  I noticed the neurologist hasn't come back on to comment on these emails.  Obviously, these experiences are unique to some women.  To the Neuro:  Could there be a nerve which is affecting all of us through our right breasts.  I also get eye muscle twitches periodically on the right side of my body also.  I also get the facial and lip numbness someone else was writing about in another email subject, and a lot of radiating pain down my legs, in my feet, down my arms, hands and fingers.  Sometimes I get shooting pains up my rear end at the coccyx, and painful to sit.  Thank you in advance for your feedback.
possible that you are experiencing myofascial trigger points (as per Dr. Janet Travell's findings. The pectoralis major and minor will cause twitching when they have active trigger points. I would suggest finding a physical therapist or a massage therapist who is trained in working with trigger point treatment.