Neurology Community
shaking feeling in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

shaking feeling in head

i am a 20 years old girl.for the past few weeks i am feeling a shaking feeling in my head.i feel that some nerve in my head is shaking.i can't concentrate on my studies.sometimes i feel that i see dim at night.i don't know what to do?is it anxiety or any desease because i don't have any kind of pain.please help.
Thank you for your question. There can be several reasons of such symptom although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Most likely possibility without any major symptoms in your case could be a panic or anxiety disorder that you have faced during last event and currently experiencing. Cause of such panic disorder mostly remain unknown but in this disorder you may feel symptoms like shaking, shortness of breath, feeling of choking, pain in the chest, nausea, stomach ache, feeling dizzy, tingling or numbness, chills /hot flashes, bounding heartbeat or fast heart rate, sweating etc. even without any underlying disorder. This disorder needs to be thoroughly assessed by a psychiatrist first since this can occur repeatedly and without warning.  Treatments may include psychological and drug treatments, and depend upon extent of severity of symptoms. Most commonly psychological treatment tried is counseling, relaxation techniques and sometimes cognitive behavior therapy. ************** depends upon treating the underlying depressive illness through anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medicines.  In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet, regularly exercise and avoid taking unnecessary non prescription drugs to avoid recurrence of symptoms. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for your advice docter.but i want to cure my anxiety without going to any psychiatrist as no one in my family takes this seriously.they say that i take stress and think a lot and due to this my problems are increasing.they are fed up of my problems.so can you tell me a remedy to cure this at home.i do meditation regularly.can i cure anxiety with changing my negetive thinking or with any other measures.please suggest something.  
Guys i don't want to take any medicines because i have heard that they are addictive in nature.Also am not having very severe symptoms.I have two symptoms...one is shaking feeling in my head and second is racing of heart in mid sleep but its not regular.Racing beats occurs at night when i have slept at the daytime.it happens sometimes.So can it be cured from excercise and meditation as i don't want to eat anti-depressents all my life and no one in my family understands it so they'll not permit any psychological tretment.please suggest something.!
Interestingly, I have had what feels like a nerve shake in the top of my forehead, I am sure it is from stress or anxiety. And a racing heart is a very common symptom of anxiety, which I do get. It doesn't sound like you really need medication, so if you don't want to take it, I'd say listen to yourself. I absolutely believe that the symptoms you have can be cured naturally, with support and yeah meditation and exercise can help I'm sure. I have had periods of anxiety that were much worse than you describe, and I cured myself completely, naturally, without meds. I will never take medication, no matter how bad I get! And I believe there is a natural cure for any illness.

I have been to India, during a semester at sea. I really appreciate your culture!

Do you know why you think a lot?

Hi, Thank you for your question. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs. Hope this helps.