Neurology Community
sharp head painin the front left side of my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

i got this sharp head pain in the front left side of my head. its not a headache, actually i nver had this feeling before it started yesterday on 11/18/07 but the pain hasnt went away, it might not be as bad at times but it's still there. its just mainly in the same spot but it feels like it can pop out my left eye at time and also be my left ear. i called the clinic that i go to but they can not get me in till jan. and im trying to decide if i should just go to the er. do you think this sounds serious?
Do you have any other symptoms that accompany this pain? It would be difficult to ascertain a diagnosis at this point as it might be a sinus-related pain, stress headache, etc. If the pain is interfering with your everyday activities, you should immediately visit a neurologist at the earliest possible time.
i don't know i never had this pain so i dont know what other symptoms i should look for. i was driving down the street, in the passenger seat and all of a sudden i just got this really sharp pain on the left side of my head and its not the whole just a piece of the front left side. like on my forehead but i can feel it behind my eye and by my ear. i thought maybe it could had been my contacts but i took them out and the pain wont go away. it hurts so bad at times i cant hardly take it i just want to cry. the pain does ease off alot at times but i can still feel the presure. it doesnt feel at all like a headache, i do get those from time to time mainly tesion headaches though. what other symptoms should i look for.