Neurology Community
sharp needle-like pain in my leg when kneeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

About 3 weeks ago I was shocked at the unexpected sharp needle-like pain that pierced through my upper shin when I knealt down in church.  Since that day I can not kneel down on my right knee whithout this horrible pain.  When not kneeling there is no noticeable pain.   What could it be??
Avatar_dr_m_tn
hi tinapeterson,

if you are having knee pain while kneeling down, then most common diagnosis is Bursitis (Infrapatellar). It's also called as Clergyman's knee.

However, if the pain is over the upper area of tibial shin, then we have to rule out minor stress fracture or shin contusion(inflamation (inflammation))

Hope you are able to decide where lies the problem?
Best treatment is some anti-inflamatory medicines and rest.

feel free to ask more questions,
regards
abhijeet
Thank you for your answer.  The pain is not in the joint or the bone.  Not even in the muscle.  It's a piercing pain like a knife or large needle deep in the flesh.  Someone told me that it sounds like a bad nerve problem.
It hasn't gone away yet.  I'm thinking of seeing a chiropractor if it's a nerve.
Only recently I have had a simialr pain in my left knee, on kneeling I have a sharp needle-like pain which shoots down my left outter knee, this has only happened in the last few days, totally out of the blue, I am able to walk and jog ectc but can not kneel.  I had a back attack yesterday when kneeling and today the knee is tender, I am usually an active person, I havent been to my GP yet but am planning to do so, as ideas please?
Have, read your story of pain in leg while kneeling..Just like I have experienced recently. How did it work out for you? Did you get any treatment and are you free of symptoms? Best regards