Neurology Community
sharp pain behind left ear!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sharp pain behind left ear!

I am a 33 year old female. I have experienced a sharp pain in the back left part of my head behind the ear for about 7 years. When the pain first started it came and went many times in one day. I went to the Dr. they ran MRI but found nothing, Since then the pain comes out of the blue at no paticular time or not when im doing any one certain thing. The pain is very sharp like someone is stabbing me in the head then it leaves. The area that the pain occurrs is always the same and is sometimes tender to the touch after the pain occurrs. The duration is usually around 10-15 seconds and is excrutiating. I wouldnt necessarilly worry but my grandmother (on my dads side) and all of her brothers and sisters died of a cerebral hemorage. I do not know if this is related or what I should do about it, maybe just deal.