Neurology Community
sharp pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sharp pain

I been having very sharp pains in the right side of my head that comes and goes like thunder. What could this be. I'v had it for 14 hours. What kind of doctor do I need to see .
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

Sharp pains on one side of the head can occur due to benign causes like anxiety, stress, lack of sleep and anxiety. Medical causes like neuralgias, ice cream headaches and ice pick headaches also need to be looked into. Ice pick headaches are common in patients with migraine. Neuralgias, ice cream headaches and ice pick headaches are short lasting sharp shooting headaches.
I would suggest you to see your GP first and then if required consult a neurologist.

Thanks

Blank
My wife just had her teeth deep cleaned and also laser for the gums to kill bacteria. She had both sides of her mouth done one at a time over the past 2 weeks the last being the right side on Weds a few days ago. She is now getting these numbing sporadic shooting pains going down from above her right ear around down to her neck. Possibly I think it could be infection. She will go see her dentist Monday -- tomorrow.
Blank
sharp shooting pain about a inch and 1/2 above my right ear, comes and go's like lighting . head kind of sore when I touch where it hurts. sometimes when I swallow I can feel it and then second time I swallow nothing.--sometimes I turn my head and it hurts and then it don't. could it be something to do with my ears.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...