Neurology Community
sharp pains in my temple area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sharp pains in my temple area

Hi. I do not suffer from any type of headaches or have seasonal allergies. The last two days, I have has quick, sharp pains on the left front temple area of my head. They are sudden and last maybe 3-5 seconds. Sometimes longer.  They come out of now where. I am not dizzy or anything.

Do you have an idea of what it could be ?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
maybe tension headaches.
Blank
Hi, this could be neuralgia. Try cold compressions, if symptoms appear again and persist for longer duration, do take opinion of neurologist. Here is some quoted literature
“There are some things that a patient can do to minimize the frequency and intensity of TN attacks:
Apply ice packs or any readily available source of cold to the area of pain. Cold often numbs the area and will reduce the pain.
Warming packs, wrapped in a towel to protect one's skin, can also provide relief as they stimulate blood flow to the area they are placed upon.
Get adequate rest in normal rest cycles.
Manage your stress well and keep stress levels low. When you feel a TN attack coming on, try to relax immediately.
Practice healthy living principles such as diet and exercise.
Avoid foods that may act as nerve stimulants, such as coffee, tea, and foods that are high in sugar.
Maintain adequate hydration and electrolyte levels at all time”.

Taken from website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

Blank
Hi,
It could be neuralgia(nerve pain),tension headache or a nasal sinus inflammation.Please add details of your symptoms,age and get check your blood pressure.
Regards,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank