Neurology Community
sharp pinpoint headaches
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sharp pinpoint headaches

For 30 years, I have been getting sharp pinpoint headaches at the back right or left of my head. It is associated with a previous warm comfortable fizzy feeling in the left or right hemisphere. That is,  I feel the nice feeling, then a day or 2 later I feel the pain.
Related Discussions
Hi,
You could be having Occipital Neuralgia .Please consult a neurologist an get a CT scan and MRI done to confirm the diagnosis . Treatment usually consists attempting to relieve the pain. This often involves a massage to relax the muscles in the area of the occipital nerves. Bed rest may relieve acute pain. In cases in which the nerve pain is suspected of being caused by a tumor, a more specialized examination is done using the techniques of nuclear imaging or computed tomography (CT). These techniques provide an image that can reveal a tumor. If present, the tumor can be removed surgically, which usually cures the condition. In cases in which the pain is especially intense, as in a migraine type of pain, pain-relieving drugs and antidepressants can be taken. Other treatments involve the blocking of the impulses from the affected nerve by injection of compounds that block the functioning of the nerve. Steroids can also be injected at the site of the nerve to try to relieve inflammation. Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...