sharp stabbing pain on the back of leg
every now and then about 3 to 9 times a day i get a very sharp stabbing buying deep pain on the back of my leg its near panty line it stops me in my tracks i have to get up or stand still it is horrible , there is nothing there , it is not in the muscle nor the bone seems like the nerve ending . the pain does not move to any other area its always in the same spot as if someone is stabbing me there with an ice pick . I've had children I'm 48 and in good shape . when it first started i took my cloths off to see if there were redness or somthing to show the dr , there is nothing there . i do no take any type medication other than vitamins . this pain almost brings me to my knees . i am getting nowhere from 3 doctors I've seen . someone please help me .  I've tried everything.  

help
Hi there. You need to be evaluated for degenerative disc disease and any prolapsed intervertebral disc at the lumbar level or spinal stenosis, which needs to be assessed at the cervical level too. These could be causing nerve root compression and radiculopathy. This could be sciatica. rule out systemic causes of neuropathy like vitamin B 12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes etc. this should help. Treatment will be aimed at the diagnosis of the cause. Hope this helps. Take care.
thank you so much i will look into this right away and will keep you posted . it seems to be happening more and more each day.

thank you
u did not say where it is;
u said BACK OF LEG ; so calve, thigh
u said panty line, where is that, just below waste etc.
is this in your buttocks, can u be more specific
good luck
HI, the sharp pain is always in the exact same spot right below the buttock toward the inside of the leg it never differs. i have had it checked there is no redness no coloration nothing , but the pain just stops me in my tracks and come for no apparent resin. once in a while i will get a similar quick sharp pain on my thumb the tip on the same hand the left one, its not as painful as the one on my leg.  i am now experiencing it during my sleep i will wake up with the sharpness stabbing feeling for a few min and then it goes away. i have never had any type of  major illness and have a healthy lifestyle , exercise and eat right . I do have arthritis on my hips and knees but i manage that with natural remedies such as gluecosomine.  
Hi there, I'm experiencing the same sharp stabbing pain in the back of my right leg, high up, also stops me in my tracks.....just wondering whether you found the problem and how did you treat it? I'm 38, in great shape, I do play drums and am a runner so thinking this may have caused this injury. Scans show nothing and have had physio and bowen treatments all to no avail.
I have had this once before about 4 months ago and with rest and treatment it went away but has no come back. Would love to hear from you.
Did your pain go away? If so, how?
Hi i get a sharp pain in the back of my right leg behind my knee, it isnt a knee problem its a really sharp pain like an electric shock thats sharp and painful, its happening every day now and it last for around 10 to 30 minutes each time. its repeated each time over and over.
Anyone have any ideas what this could be ?
Julie Ann