shocking pain in arm
My finger were going numb and I asked my orthopedic surgeon he said that I have a pinched nerve in my neck. I started to go to a chiropractor and it seems to be getting better, but now I have noticed that my arm right before my elbow and right after my elbow seem to be getting an electric shock if I put my elbow on the table or hit it by accident I'm afraid that there might be more to my problem. Also my thumb has been going numb.Could you please let me know what I should do? Thank you=]
Hi there. This seems to be cervical nerve roots compression due to avulsed or prolapsed cervical inter vertebral disc. You need to consult a neurosurgeon for the symptoms who would investigate the anatomy with a cervical MRI.  Also to be considered is carpal tunnel syndrome characterized by numbness, tingling in hand and fingers, especially the thumb, index and middle fingers, thumb weakness etc.
The doctor would tap the inside of the wrist to elicit an electric shock and an electromyography to confirm if nerves are involved. Treatment would be according to the cause.
Hope this helps.
Thank you I will consult a neurosurgeon I appreciate your help=]