shooting elbow pain
I have a pain that begins a few inches above my elbow( I think it might be the lower,inner part of my tricep) and shoots down into my index finger. The pain in my finger is like needles. Its been about 2 days now. Any ideas on what it might be? thanks,
M

This discussion is related to Shooting pain in arm.
Hi.

This may be the ulnar nerve getting irritated.

Just observe if you are using the arm, elbow any differently recently. If you work on the computer a lot, keeping the elbow rested on the chair can irritate the nerve.

Regards
I have also been getting shooting pains in my right arm. From what i can tell, it runs mainly from my elbow down through my middle finger. It varies in degrees of pain.

I've gone to various doctors - mainly orthopedics, done nerve testing, got an EKG - all the results came back normal. I also went to physiotherapy since the doctors concluded that it was just inflammation and not carpel tunnel. It helped, but didn't really solve anything

Lately, it hurts even more when i type on my computer, so i'm thinking that's the cause, however, the doctor's that i've seen haven't been able to fix it. it's been almost a year now and the pain is quite debilitating. I just don't want it to get worse.

What could it be? and what can i do?? Please help - i'm not sure what doctors i should see to get this checked out again. I can barely use my right arm to write, type or lift anything heavy without suffering shooting pain!

Thanks so much!