Neurology Community
shooting elbow pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

shooting elbow pain

I have a pain that begins a few inches above my elbow( I think it might be the lower,inner part of my tricep) and shoots down into my index finger. The pain in my finger is like needles. Its been about 2 days now. Any ideas on what it might be? thanks,
M

This discussion is related to Shooting pain in arm.
Tags: irritable
Hi.

This may be the ulnar nerve getting irritated.

Just observe if you are using the arm, elbow any differently recently. If you work on the computer a lot, keeping the elbow rested on the chair can irritate the nerve.

Regards
Avatar n tn
I have also been getting shooting pains in my right arm. From what i can tell, it runs mainly from my elbow down through my middle finger. It varies in degrees of pain.

I've gone to various doctors - mainly orthopedics, done nerve testing, got an EKG - all the results came back normal. I also went to physiotherapy since the doctors concluded that it was just inflammation and not carpel tunnel. It helped, but didn't really solve anything

Lately, it hurts even more when i type on my computer, so i'm thinking that's the cause, however, the doctor's that i've seen haven't been able to fix it. it's been almost a year now and the pain is quite debilitating. I just don't want it to get worse.

What could it be? and what can i do?? Please help - i'm not sure what doctors i should see to get this checked out again. I can barely use my right arm to write, type or lift anything heavy without suffering shooting pain!

Thanks so much!