Neurology Expert Forum
shooting pain in elbow into upper arm
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

shooting pain in elbow into upper arm

Waking up yesterday morning i found that when i tried to bend my left elbow there was a shooting pain from the elbow up so severe that it nearly knocked me down. I am 36 years old and in pretty good condition, don't play tennis or golf, have never had such a pain and didn't hit my elbow or strain it in any way that i remember. If i bend the elbow very very slowly i can close it without much pain but if i move fast, ouch! There is a general slight soreness today from the elbow up into the back of my shoulder and down the left side of my back but that could be from me holding my arm straight for more then a day. The pain is most severe at the beginning of the bending motion, after getting past say 30 degrees movement brings no pain. Should motrin or other anti-inflamatory type pills help? Apply heat or cold? I can't find anything on treatment of this kind of elbow pain.