shooting pain top of head
for several weeks i have been having shooting pains on top my scalp with soreness when the
shooting is not going on.  I was having tightness also across the back of my head.  I have a
sore shoulder tendon on the side that has the most pain.  Regular doctor put me on skelaxin
and darvocets which are not doing anything for me.  Could I possible have nerve damage.  Do I
need to see a Neurologist.  I went to the emergency room several days ago and had a ct scan
done and it didn't show anything.
Hello.

A CT scan would not show anything in such cases. The headache you have described does not look like a migraine.

There is a chance of a nerve involvement. Have you noticed if the area of the scalp is sensitive to touch ? Does the pain increase on combing, etc ? You have to see a neurologist for this and consider the possibility of trigeminal neuralgia.

Regards
Thanks for your help, Will be getting myself to Neurologist asap.
I am 28 yrs old,and i have had this numb sharp feeling on my head. i dont know what it is.it has been there for awhile.

Abena
i am 28 and expericing bad sharp pain from the top of my head through the sides for weeks i feel as though someone is almsot standing on my head a lot of pressure, what can cause this?