Neurology Expert Forum
short circuit feeling in the head
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

short circuit feeling in the head

Thanks for the previous reply about medication reduction. I failed to mention or clarify that the lightheadness feels more like a short circuiting of electricity in my head. This happens  particularly when I stand or walk. A rather odd feeling. Does not feel like it's blood related but rather electrical related. My guess is that an EEg might be albe to document these suspicions. However,  if there is some kind of abnormal electrical activity what would be the cause. Over a year ago, I had Brain Mri, Spine Mri, CT Scan, Lumpar Puncture BAEP VEEP. All were negative, except a protein reading of 44 which is basically considered normal. SO where are we? I've had constant head pressure pain for 1.6 years everday all day long. As my record will show, I bleive all of this to be related to toxic inhaltion of paint fumes and that some kind of nerve damage occurred because of this  which has sent my body into a different electrical pattern. The doctors can't seem to find out what the problem is. Question: would a damage nerve show up on a MRI test? Can a damage nerve trigger MS? Can a damage nerve causedaily head pain. From what I've read, I kind of relate my system to an electrical system of a car, if a wire is shorted out (CNS) or becomes bare, the battery running the car will eventually run dead if the short is not fixed. Question: can anyting be done to fix nerve damage or do we just treat the symptoms. Thanks again.
===================================================================================================
Wish we had an easy answer for you Mike. A 'damaged" nerve as you say would be unlikely to appear on an MRI scan unless it was of sufficient size to visualize. An MRI scan is very sensative for demyelinating disorders such as MS but a normal scan while not ruling out MS does make the diagnosis much less likely. We do not know the underlying events that cause MS so questions about nerve damage are speculation only. I would recommend investigating headache treatment for your head pressure and seaking your treatment at this time in that direction.
This information is provided for general medical education purposes. PLease consult your doctor for diagnostic and treatment options.