Neurology Community
sizzling noise in head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sizzling noise in head

I'm 27 years old and is currently 24 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 weeks I have noticed and sizzling noise in my head at night are early in the morning. I might wake up through the night about 3am and i hear the sizzling in my head. I have headaches through the day but never at the time i hear the noise, i actually do not have any pain are feel any thing at the time i hear the sizzling. I have noticed that my noise is stopped up so i was thinking this might be sinus draninage and then i think worst like aneurysm are brain tumor. Please tell me what you think about this problem that I'm having.
How are you feeling? How have your pregnancy been through all this while?
Have you checked for GTT?
These symptoms can be related to Glucose intolerance. In case if you have gestational diabetes, you can have such symptoms and other vague symptoms.
It will be too early to think about brain tumor or any aneurysms.
Are you on any vitamin supplements?
Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause this.
I think you should see your gynecologist and also physician to evaluate your symptoms.
Hope this helps and also that your pregnancy should go well.
Keep me informed regarding your symptoms and also update on your pregnancy.
Bye.
I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and among having other "weird symptoms" I too have a stuffy nose, fluid in my ears and experience a sizzling noise in my neck.  I went to ENT, who suggested it was due to congestation or eustacian tube problems due to congestion.  I wasn't as convinced either, especially given my other what appear to be neurological symptoms (i.e. numbness, ringing and clicking in L ear, buzzing sensations in limbs, right side muslce feels sore or weak, seeing flashes of light, etc.  I am sorry to hear about you experiencing this, but to be honest am sort of relieved as it seems possible it's pregnancy related due to pregnancy causing more mucous.  I agree with GTT.  If you haven't had this already you should soon as it's standard test ordered by OB usually around week 18 or shortly thereafter.  I tested neg. for this, but had horribly fluctuating glucose levels (would go from hypoglycemic symptoms to diabetic) and OB said although I'm producing enough insulin to where I'm not diabetic, hormones in and of themselves can cause this fluctuation.  Get this test.  B 12 was suggested to me as well.  I haven't been tested for this yet.  I too was scared of brain tumor so b/c of my other symptoms got an MRI, which was negative.  Maybe you too will be relieved to know some other pregnant person is experiencing the same (and I mean really the same where I mainly experience it at night when laying down.  I started having it during the day too, but this is rare and mainly occurs when turning my head).  Keep us posted and Good luck.
I take DHA prenatal vitamins, Glucose intolerance was something i was wondering about because it runs in my family and since I've been pregnant i get these hungry spells every two hrs where i have to eat are i fell like I'm gone to pass out. This has been the only problems I'v had since I've been pregnant (no morning sickness). And as far as the congestation and eustachian tube that sounds about right since i have sinus and a running nose due to the change of weather out here in Houston. I looked up eustacian tube and i see it deals with the ear also and about 5 days ago i had a sharp pain in my ear that brought me to my knees. Thanks you both for your responses it's all very helpful and i will keep you posted.
How are you doing now?
Still have the same issue and haven't spoke to my doctor about it yet....I will discuss this with her on my next appt since i have a concern about fluid now. My feet and hand have gotten bigger so now I'm concern that it's fluid that i hear in my head.

Have you still been having the same symptoms?
i ALSO EXPERIENCE A SIZZLING SOUND IN MY HEAD. aT NIGHT, IN THE MORNING, BASICALLY ALL DAY. I AM AFRAID BECAUSE I FEEL IT'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME OR A BRAIN ANUERYSM. SOMEONE PLEAASE TELL ME WHST THIS IS.
i too am hearing a sizziling in the back of my neck or deep in my ear cant tell but mine started when i started haveing a severe toothache the tooth is so bad you can actually see what i believe to be a exposed nerve please tell me why i could be hearing this aggravating sound
hi! i am 12weeks pregnant and me ears are buzzing at night too. a bit like when you come back from night club or concert. I have noticed this the lasr few weeks. I was thinking it must be about blood pressure as we are producing more blood for baby to grow but your comment worried me a bit now. aby update?
I an diabetic and I just went thru a dizzy/blackout episode for a few seconds and I hear a sizzling sound in my head.  I also notice it happens when I am bent down looking at a computer.  not sure what it is.  
Hi, how are you doing?  I am having the same symptoms now.  It started with a tooth pain just like you.  Did your symptoms go away?  Please respond when you get this message.  Thank you.
I don't know what it is, but I surely would like to know.  I am 72 years old, and it only started a few months ago.  It is a sizzling sound part and has a rhythm to it as 123-123-123-etc.  If you find out what it is, or if it is similar to yours, I would like to hear from you.   tjwmom