Neurology Community
slow loss of motor control

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

slow loss of motor control

I am trying to save my wife. She is 62, nonsmoker, nondrinker. She is in late stages of NASH(hereditary) but numbers are all good and edema is not out of control. She is, however, experiencing loss of fine motor skills in arms and hands bilaterally, especially upon waking . It gradually improves after waking but is still diminished throughout the day. And her gate and balance have made her where she must be guarded against falls and escorted. On good days she gets along well with cane. She has some sleep apnea but primary physician doubts it is of issue here. Serum ammonia was high but we think it is better now as confusion she was experiencing has improved. Any thoughts as to what this might be?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your wife’s medical problems. If the urea levels were high, please get a current status on that. Uremic neuropathy, osteoarthritis and maybe some hormonal issues could be cause of loss of fine motor and motor control. Please discuss this with her doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank you. I will bring this up with primary care.