Neurology Community
small bony bump under skin on forehead

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

small bony bump under skin on forehead

hey there im a 23 yr old female and for maybe 3 yrs im not too sure i have noticed ihave a bony small bump under the skin on my forhead i have never had it checked and it hasnt grown its not painful and when i was maybe 10yrs old i fell and injured my forehead pretty badly could it be from this ?? it doesnt bother me i just wanna know what it could be
Hang on, Emm, we gotta wake up to get to you.  Keep in mind between the brain and the skin layer, there's a hard bony skull, so it isn't a neurological thingy you got on your forehead.  It's more a dermatitis issue, I imagine, probably a little benign cyst.  Lots of people get them on their bodies, I get plenty.  Now, as for the fall 13 years ago suddenly forming a bump 10 years later, I don't think so, altho it's possible a bruise formed there, and over time it's dried up and formed scar tissue and led to a bump.  So, I think if you want to really know what it is, and to be doubly safe, and besides you might want it removed for appearance sake, you should visit a dermatologist and let him have a look-see.