smoke smell and headaches
I am a 56 year old woman who has chronic pain in my neck. I need a two or three level fusion. I have chronic arm cramps like charlie horses, with numbness, tingling and sometimes lack of sensation. Actually I have a lot of cramping all over.  My neck hurts quite a bit and I have been putting off the fusion because antiinflammatories help keep the pain tolerable, My latest problem is that for 2 weeks I have been smelling cigarette smoke and burning plastic. I do not smoke.  I also have a polyp in my right nostril.  I have no other health problems except I have put on a lot of weight the last couple of years (even with execise and watching what I eat). I went to my doc on Monday and she gave me a Rx for amoxicillin for 10 days to see if it is a polyp infection. I do not have a sinus infection or a cold.  The headaches are  like a band around my head, but mostly at the base of my skull where my neck pain is the worst...almost like a head pain rather than head ache. Can my neck problems cause this?
ive been smelling smoke for the last month. i spoke to my doctor n she said its was an inflammation of lining of nose. she gave me a spray called fluticasone propionate but it didnt help. im going back to the clinic. keep u posted