Neurology Community
sneezing pain in arms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sneezing pain in arms

Okay, so about 2 months ago i started having ringing in my right ear, that eventually stopped and is now in my left ear, since then i've been having a menagerie of problems, the newest is while i'm sneezing, shooting pain goes through my arms mainly in my elbows and hands, it subsides quickly, but my arms are left feeling weak and tired.

doing a bit of research, a incredible amount of people have this same symptom, some of them the pain is so intense that they curl up and cry on the floor, mine luckly isn't that bad. but it is annoying enough.

Could any link exist between tinnitus(suspected to be caused by estuscian tube dysfunction) and the sneezing and pain in my arms?

and if not, give me any guesses you guys might have.

Thanks. <3
Avatar n tn
This could be a whole multititude of things - there is a wide differential diagnosis. One condition, however, that is known to specifically cause shooting pains from a sneeze is Chiari Malformation:  a neurological disorder where crowding at the top of the cervical spine - due to a hindbrain herniation - causes compression of the spinal cord. Coughing  and sneezing then aggravate the compression with resultant shooting pains or dysethesias in the upper limb, arms and hands.