Neurology Expert Forum
sore spots on head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sore spots on head

I was wondering if you could help me with a question I have. I get these tingling spots on my head that are where the top of my head and the back of my head meet. Mostly to the left and sometimes to the right. I also get these terrible sore spots in the same areas and the back of my head as well. I also sometimes experience a throbbing sensation in the back of my head on the left but if does not hurt. What can cause these types of feelings in my head? Should I be concerned? I have been to a doctor and had a mri not with the dye. My doctor I am going to doesn't know. What things should he look for? Thankyou very much for your time.
Dear Lisa:

Sorry to hear about your sore spots.  It is difficult to say what is causing them, especially since I have not examined you or know your medical history.  It can be a type of headache, due to cervical spine boney problems, but here the headache does not switch sides as yours.  Sometimes tension headaches can produce symptoms as you describe.  I would think that your headache falls in the tension type of headache, but am unsure as I do not know the history of headache.  I would see a neurologist and get a good exam and going over.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
1 Comment
A related discussion, I had a spot on back of my head was started.