Neurology Community
spasm in left side of the head
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

spasm in left side of the head

I started having frequest spasm on my left side of my head.  I have been getting them for 2-3 days now and it occurs up to 10 times a day some more severe than others...What may cause this???

Thanks

sweetsweet40165
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1416285879
...have u had labs done recently? if not have ur vitamin and mineral levels.....deficencies in potassium and magnessium can cause twitching .

u may want to schedule an appointment with a neurologist.

keep us posted.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
no, I haven't scheduled any labs yet since it has only been a few days and was also thinking about getting on vitamins....

Thanks
Blank
620923_tn?1416285879
...start with a basic multi vitamin and see a dr....let him/her tell u what suppliments u need and what dosage...it is possible to take too much  and it cause u more issues.

Godspeed
"selma"
Blank
Thanks and I will make an appt this week....
Blank
Hi
Thanks for writing in. It is difficult to comment on the cause for these symptoms without actually examining the patient. However you may find the following information useful.

There can be several causes for these spasms which you are experiencing. They may be related to stress, eye strain, withdrawal from caffeine, insomnia or lack or proper sleep. Beside they can also be primary headaches such as migraine, tension headaches and cluster headaches.  Secondary headaches are caused by some associated disease/condition including past injury, high blood pressure, sinus infection, brain tumors, strokes, meningitis among other causes. Tests such as blood tests, CT scan, MRI or lumbar puncture are usually able to establish a diagnosis.
The exact diagnosis would depend on a detailed history with respect to the exact site, duration, time of the day, intensity, any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, visual loss, any neurological symptoms along with your past medical history. You should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and management.

Take care!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank