spinal fusion & dizziness
I had a radical corpectomy , c3 to c6, approx 5 years ago. Surgeon noted progressive deterioration of other cervical joints. Postop all has been fine until the last few weeks. Intermittent searing hot pain, 3/10, followed by constant low level 1/10 "hot poker" type pain in right shoulder and biceps area coupled with low level neck pain on rotation, loud and painful clicking. To cap it all off I have become dizzy over the last few days even whilst sitting down. Unable to walk without swaying but the vertigo does lessen after a bit of walking.
Can this all be signs that I need to revisit my surgeon to have a bit of maintenance and a check on the cervical joints?
Or what else is possible apart from the ever present ageing?
GB

This discussion is related to Re: Post cervical discectomy recovery.
It sounds like your symptoms are coming from your neck based on your pain. Dizziness also points to your neck since they developed at the same time. Yes, I would go visit your surgeon. Good Luck. I just had ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion) and have had the symptoms you talk about and a multitude of others and it was all from my neck.