spinal problem
I have just received my MRI result (I had a disc replacement 2 yrs ago) after suffering further pain in neck, shoulder blade, arm and hand, my pain is severe and I am on painkillers which only take the edge off.
I have been referred back to my surgeon.

result states:- quite marked indentation of the thecal sac and distortion of the cord. I am suspicious there maybe a little high signal within the cord itself. At C5/6 there is some monor disc bulging which does cause thecal sac indentation. CONCLUSION:- difficult interperetation due to extensive artifact. further assessment required but certainly on these appearances I could not exclude significant indentation of the thecal sac and cord.

Will this require further surgery?
Hi there. Your MRI spine reads indentation of thecal sac and distortion of the cord. This means cervical myelopathy and it warrants another surgery to decompress. The artifact on spine MRI is due to the previous surgery and the fibrosis. Since you are having severe pain in neck and shoulder, you will need to undergo for surgical decompression and good recovery can be expected if there has not been permanent nerve damage at the time of surgery. Hope this helps. Take care.

Thank you for your response, I can at least now prepare myself for more surgery and I am hopeful of a full recovery pending any permanent nerve damage.

Once again, thank you.

Kind regards
Shirley